We have an immediate position open for a Diesel Shop Supervisor at our Green Team operation in San Jose, CA.
In this position, you will be leading a team of approximately 12 employees that work on the second shift in the shop. The mechanics provide fleet maintenance for 120 pieces of equipment, primarily garbage trucks. You will be supervising union employees. Strong leadership skills, training abilities, and experience in shop paperwork, purchasing, and inventory are required.
This is a salaried position, but common work hours are from 12 pm to 10 pm, Mon-Fri.
- Trains and assists Mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
- Schedules or assigns work to Mechanics, PM Mechanics or other Maintenance Shop personnel.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounts for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
- Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
- Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: relocation assistance, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future" . EOE
- 3+ years leadership experience in diesel truck maintenance and repair
- Experience working with outside customers preferred
- Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Experience working with CNG preferred
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...