Cummins Crosspoint, LLC is one of the largest distributors for Cummins engines, parts and service in the world. We are now accepting applications for a Diesel Technician in our Normal, IL location.
We are seeking talented people with good general knowledge of common Cummins' engines and is capable of performing some troubleshooting and most repairs on these engines. This person should be capable of working independently or with moderate supervision.
· Complete quality preventative maintenance and/or repairs of basic model engines and sub-assemblies within the applicable standard repair time allowance.
· Use appropriate Cummins Systems to accurately complete and document Work Orders (WOs) and time reports.
· Act with integrity and provide outstanding service to customers and co-workers.
· Maintain a clean work area at all times.
· Recognize and use various product / service information sources including QuickServe, Online service manuals, troubleshooting trees and support bulletins.
· Successfully complete on a timely basis all required training courses.
· Read wiring diagrams.
· Continually improve upon mechanical ability and electrical knowledge by home study courses, service parts topics, and other sources.
· Meet applicable performance objectives.
· Adhere to company safety practices and other policies and procedures.
· Perform other responsibilities as needed.
· Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred. And/or other combination of technical training through the military, apprenticeships or other equivalent training/experience.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Must have a limited knowledge of all Cummins engines.
· Must be able to safely operate all testing equipment and tools.
· Must be able to interact with customers in an effective, positive and professional manner.
· Ability to drive a forklift.
· Demonstrate a commitment to personal and worksite safety.
· Desire to continuously develop and improve skills for high job performance.
Cummins Crosspoint - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard