The position involves problem-solving capabilities with experience maintaining and repairing heavy, medium and/or light duty trucks, trailers and industrial equipment with diesel engines. The job description includes:
- performing diagnosis, repair and maintenance work on vehicles and equipment.
- repairing and replacing parts and components using tools and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- familiarity with diagnostic computer software and diagnostic procedures and the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose cause of truck malfunctions.
- ability to maintain and repair brake systems including hydraulic, air over hydraulic and air brake systems.
- conducting various detailed inspections including D.O.T.
- ability to diagnose and repair hydraulic equipment and systems.
- verifying repairs, quality and safety checks.
- motivation and capability of working independently.
- maintaining clean work area and cleanliness of customer property.
- performing test drives and some road calls.
- Experience with heavy equipment a plus.
- Must be able to work safely and make good judgments
- Must be at least 21 years or older
- 2 years in-shop, paid experience working on heavy, medium and/or light duty trucks and/or heavy equipment
- 2 years in-shop paid experience working with electronic diagnostic equipment
- Valid driver’s license and verified insurable driving record (no DUI’s).
- A Commercial Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within 3 months of hire.
- Must be able to supply your own set of master mechanic hand tools and impact wrenches
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations; ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions.
- Pushing, pulling, dragging and lifting items up to 50 pounds and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work 9 hours per day and 4 hours every other Saturday.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk hear and write.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Competitive pay program that allows you to be in control of your potential earnings
- Guaranteed weekly salary with production-based commission depending on experience
- Generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) program for superior health insurance choices
- Paid time off, holiday pay and bonuses
- Job security with the largest independent truck repair shop in Northern Colorado, no lay-offs since 1998
- Uniforms and winter jacket rental provided
- Biweekly pay with option of direct deposit
- Work for a long-term stable company with good vision for the future
- Work for a company that invests in the latest resources to help you do your best work
- Be part of a team of highly skilled mechanics and service professionals
- Work for a local management team