POSITION SUMMARY :
This position is responsible for communicating between patient and nutritional services staff regarding patient menu selections, production needs, and any specific patient food needs. Obtains menu selections through direct communication with patients or through call center. Completes production sheets for patient food needs. Completes inventory of enteral and oral supplements. Liaison between patients and nutritional services staff. All other duties as designated within patient food services.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Obtain menu selections from patients for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with visiting patients directly or utilizing call center.
· Correctly communicates patient diet order and any necessary restrictions
· Document appropriate information accurately, thoroughly, and in a timely manner by using approved tools of communication.
· Complete and distribute food production sheets accurately and in timely manner, including write-in items.
· Communicate pertinent information to co-workers, including Clinical Dietitians, to increase efficiency of department and SMCHH by maintaining clarity at all times.
· Participates in Department and SMCHH Daily Safety Huddles.
· Apply knowledge of current PHC Diet Manual to making selections within restrictions of diet assuring appropriate alternatives and menu accuracy.
· Apply thorough knowledge of food sanitation to deliver safe food to customers.
· Performs special assignments in timely manner such as making menu copies or any other duty when requested.
· Maintain record of all patient and guest trays sent to units on meal count form and phone logs.
· Collection and delivery of daily enteral products to maintain adequate supply for patient’s receiving enteral nutrition.
· Maintain current knowledge of trayline recipes to insure appropriateness of recipes for diets
· Participate in Quality Improvement projects to increase efficiency and knowledge of department operations.
· Assist patient and family with menu selections to meet patient’s needs according to policy and practicing good customer relations.
· Appropriately incorporates ethnic and religious beliefs as well as offering appropriate alternate food choices as needed.
· Demonstrates courtesy over phone to all staff, patients and or patient’s family members.
· Use discretion to maintain confidentiality of employees, SMCHH and customers and protect privacy and rights of all involved.
· Performs other duties as assigned to maintain an even workload throughout the Department
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
· Excellent telephone and customer relations skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
· Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
· Food Service and diet office experience preferred
· High school diploma or GED
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
· Registered Diet Tech, DTR preferred
Seton Healthcare Family - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard