Under the supervision of the Registered Dietitians and Diet Technician, the Diet Clerk will provide nutritional/clerical support for inpatient and outpatient dietitians.
Arranges for community resources needed for patients and assists the Registered Dietitians.
- Prepares necessary information needed for referral to home health companies, WIC, school districts, etc.
- Faxes needed referrals to community resources.
- Arranges with Nutritional Services to provide emergency discharge formula for patients.
Documents interactions in Notes section of Electronic Medical Record.
- Answers telephone calls from home health companies, WIC offices and schools and documents those interactions in the Telephone Interaction record.
- Adds note to electronic medical record detailing WIC/home health company prescriptions that have been completed.
Works with the department Registered Dietitians to keep the department orderly and running efficiently.
- Copies materials.
- Helps keep the Copy Room and other areas of the department neat and orderly
- Organizes and delivers donated formula stock to Registered Dietitian, when needed.
- Accepts other assignments from Registered Dietitians when time permits, such as, typing, entering data, etc.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Note: One year of college and currently enrolled in a four-year college or university with a Nutrition or Dietetics major preferred.
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 21 months ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...