Diet Tech, Food & Nutrition-ACH, PT-20 hours, 3p-6:30p
Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
Functions as a member of interdisciplinary health care team by receiving nutrition related assignments from the registered dietitian. Performs the screening/rescreening of patients throughout their stay in the hospital. Assists the registered dietitian in the assessment, development and instruction of nutritional care plans for patients of any age. Educates patients on menu selections allowed within the diet prescription and maintains and updates diet orders; monitors carbohydrate controlled, renal and other therapeutic diets.
- Associate Degree Program approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Registered Diet Technician, DTR OR
- Four- (4) year Bachelor s degree or higher degree in Dietetics and meeting the academic standards set by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Ability to compile and analyze data that will be used by others in making patient care decisions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with medical staff, nursing patients, customers and staff.
- Ability to answer telephones and use computer and related office equipment.
- Ability to assess data reflective of the patient s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient s requirements relative to his or her age specific needs and to provide the care needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be prompt, effective and efficient when handling phone transactions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull light to medium weight objects and occasionally heavy weight objects; ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Assumes accountability for demonstrating behaviors consistent with the customer service policy.
- Follows hospital departmental safety procedures.
- Attends hospital and department in-services and meetings.
- Population specific competency; Ability to effectively interact with population of patients/customers with an understanding of their need for self-respect and dignity
Acute care hospitals plus a network of outpatient and primary care clinics plus a health care plan yields the sum of Summa Health System....