A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, Mercy Medical Center in Rockville Centre, NY has been providing compassionate, state-of-the-art medical care to residents of Nassau County and the surrounding New York Metropolitan area since 1913.
Mercy is ranked among the top 20 percent of hospitals in New York State in the 2012 ratings of Best Hospitals by U.S. News and World report and is well-known and highly respected for both expertise and the latest technology in a broad range of services, including: Weight-Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery); Orthopedic Surgery, including Joint Replacement Surgery; Spine Surgery; Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; Mamograms and Breast Health; Mother Baby and Women's Health Services.
Mercy provides 24-Hour Emergency, Trauma and Express Care for both adults and children, is a state-designated Stroke Center, delivers some 1,300 babies each year and is the site of the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on the South Shore.
Founded by the Sisters of the Congregation of the Infant Jesus, Mercy is proud to advance the Catholic Health Services of Long Island principles of continuing Christ's healing mission, promoting excellence in care, and commitment to those in need.
Mercy currently has an opportunity for a Part-Time Dietary Aide within our Food & Nutrition Services department. Apply today to learn more!
Job responsibilities for the Dietary Aide include:
· Following NYS DOH and JCAH standards for food handling, safety, sanitation and storage.
· When retrieving food from storage, follows FIFO procedures.
· Handles food using proper techniques.
· When on tray line, works in an accurate and timely manner.
· When in dish room, works in an accurate and timely manner.
· Completely sets up work areas with supplies.
· Follows proper procedures for tray delivery.
· Follows proper procedures for picking up trays.
· Greets patients in a friendly and respectful manner.
· Demonstrates the ability to take on additional work duties.
· Able to work in other departmental areas as needed.
· Is willing and able to work additional shifts when needed.
· When short staffed, can complete additional tasks without much disturbance to operation.
· Maintains cleanliness & safety measures throughout entire meal service.
· Communicates verbally with management any problems concerning operations.
High School Diploma required.
Prior Food service experience preferred. Knowledge of cleaning and production equipment helpful. The ability to read and write in English is required.