Under the direction of the Kitchen Supervisor performs a variety of patient oriented and customer driven food service duties, as well as all related tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Handles all food products so as to follow all State, Local and Center regulations from time of delivery through the time of service.
2. Delivers meals to floors during three meal periods and prepares and delivers late trays to nursing units throughout the day.
3. Completes rounds after each meal period by visiting each patient.
4. Sets up work stations, displays and serves food items on patient tray line and/or in café.
5. Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary work area at all times and follows cleaning schedules.
6. Maintains cleanliness of all assigned equipment and reports any problems to Supervisor.
7. Cleans all ware washing items and pots and pans in either the 3-compartment pot and pan sink or in the dish machine and stores all items in appropriate places.
8. Cleans workstations after each meal period and at end of shift. This includes sweeping and mopping of assigned areas.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.