Providence is calling an on-call Dietitian for a day shift position at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Use clinical nutrition standards of care to assess patient nutritional needs.
- Develop and implement sound eating plan to promote optimum nutrition intake and health maintenance. Teach patients, family and care providers principles of the nutrition plan, counseling and supporting patients and clients as needed, taking into account individual patients‘ special physical or age-related needs.
- Assist with the development of ongoing nutrition education programs and literature.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Registered or registration-eligible with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- License to practice in the State of Oregon.
- Dietitians eligible to take the ADA approved registration examination must successfully complete the examination and become registered within 6 months of hire date.
- Demonstrated expertise in Renal and/or Nutrition Support, or Neonate Nutrition for specialty position.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One-year experience in clinical setting for generalist.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest health care system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as
ourselves and Providence,
people by name,
the duration of estimated wait times and
frequently if timelines change,
situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully
to their concerns, and always
people for trusting Providence for their health care needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
As the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States, we are committed to providing for the needs of our...