We have an opening for a PRN Registered Dietitian to work at our employer health center located in Jacksonville, FL!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions ( www.takecareemployersolutions.com ) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies . The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
· Consults with site health care professionals to determine patient's nutrition risk and needs
· Conducts a nutrition assessment, which includes obtaining a detailed nutrition history, review of risk factors, labs, and medical history, and identification of nutrition behaviors contributing to risk
· Discusses results of nutrition assessment with patient identifying areas where patient can decrease health risks
· Educates patient in nutrition principles, dietary plan, food selection, and preparation using available resources including but not limited to: pamphlets, books, handouts, videos, web based resources, classes and others
· Establishes goals and objectives with patient to meet the nutrition care plan
· Develops and implements plan of care and correlates plan with other healthcare professionals
· Evaluates nutrition plan and provides follow-up as needed
· Documents nutrition care plans and progress into patient's medical records.
· Engages in nutrition outcomes research
· Plans and presents nutrition wellness programs based on needs of site and contract. This includes development of programs, marketing, presentation, and evaluation
· Works with cafeteria or food service vendor to evaluate nutrition offerings and make suggestions
· Other duties as assigned
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
· Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in nutrition or related field
· Three years experience as a registered dietitian in a clinical setting
· Knowledge of the following types of software: Internet, Spreadsheet, Presentation or Publication, Nutrition Analysis and Word Processing
· Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association (RD)
· If state has licensure, is licensed to practice in state of residence
· Able to work independently
· Experience in public speaking and presentations
· Ability to counsel/teach in one on one or small group settings
· Masters degree in Nutrition or Public Health preferred
· experience in health promotion or work site wellness preferred
· Additional certifications in wellness/fitness specialties
· Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records