Compassionate care defines the healthcare experience and the commitment of the people of Emerus . From a wide variety of medical care, and across different brands, a patient-centered approach is what defines and drives this company specializing in the delivery of emergency medical and inpatient care. A network of licensed hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms provides convenient access for patients of all ages and acuity levels. Under its flagship brand or through partnerships with large healthcare systems,
Emerus puts its focus on the complete patient experience through the hard work of dedicated physicians and experienced nursing and clinical staff committed to providing the kind of efficient, compassionate care they would want for their own families.
The purpose of this position is to perform functions of a specialized clinical nutrition service, such as nutrition assessment, modified diet formulations, nutrition counseling and consultation, meal service reviews and patient nutrition education.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs Nutrition education of staff and Doctors
- Counsels patient and family on special nutritional requirements
- Maintains communication between food and nutrition services and other points of customer and/or patient services through establish policies and procedures
- Performs monthly kitchen inspections to ensure safety and sanitation procedures are being followed
- Periodic review and upkeep of the diet manual and defined specialty diets
- Provides consultation to administration regarding planning, policy development, and priority setting, based on initial and on-going evaluations of the food service needs
- Provides in-service education to the staff of the facility as indicated by the in-service programming schedule
- Charts nutritional information in accordance with the policies of the facility and accepted professional practice. This function may be performed by either the dietitian or support personnel supervised by the dietitian.
- Reviews sanitation in accordance with current standards
- Provides dietary consultation to any resident in the facility in accordance with physician's orders
- Makes appropriate referrals for continuing nutritional care
- Counsels the patient, staff and family with regard to the patient's nutritional needs
- Participation of consultant on any surveys for licensure or certification
- Sanitation and safety (HACCP)
- Nutrition guidelines per diet manual and food quality control by use of established procedures and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major studies in food and nutrition; Master’s Degree preferred
- One year of clinical nutrition experience in a hospital, extended care facility or other quality food service operation
- American Dietetics Registered Certificate and be a member of the association
- Licensed by The Texas State Board of Examiners for Dietitians
- Food Service Manager’s Certification in Food Sanitation and Service preferred
Emerus - 21 months ago
Emerus represents a compassionate, efficient and patient-centered approach to the delivery of emergency medical care. From the moment you...