MTS Process Engn
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated equipment engineers to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory. The position will be located at GLOBAL FOUNDRIES in Malta, New York, and report to the Fab8 Diffusion / Implant / CLN Module manager. In your role as Equipment Engineer Implant you are responsible to support the Fab8 operations team. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Drive equipment planning, equipment selection and configuration with the area process engineers
- Own installation, start up and volume ramp for all respective semiconductor process equipment
- Strong focus on keeping timelines and cost/budget control
- Primary decision maker with facilities for equipment hookup and subsequent control
- Establish and manage the equipment budget, cost model (multi-million dollar budgets per year)
- Work in close collaboration with Process, Manufacturing and R&D as well as other internal stakeholders
- Establishment of the equipment engineering and maintenance related business processes, necessary to run the tools in production, as well as their documentation according to quality standards.
- Develop and train the equipment technicians. Create materials and perform training of technicians working on tools in the area. Also includes owning the training budget.
- Very close interaction with equipment suppliers. Supplier management – own escalation of issues to the supplier (includes calling in specialist – travel, service changes)
- Define and control maintenance contracts as well as their continuous improvement
- Advanced trouble shooting of semiconductor process tool issues
- Set up Equipment performance KPIs, monitoring and adjustment according to fab goals
- After equipment start up / ramp up responsibility for all daily equipment engineering tasks including performance tracking, continuous improvement and cost reduction programs
- Continuous knowledge exchange on best known methods and improvement levers with Fab 1 and Fab 7 engineers. Translate changes in other factories to improvement actions within current fab.
- B.S Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or related subjects with minimum 5 years experience in equipment engineering
- Job experience in semiconductor manufacturing and logistics
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self starter.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment.
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Strong continuous improvement mindset, permanently driving to identify and eliminate waste and errors in business processes, work procedures and instructions, work organization
- Capture complex situations very fast, react accordingly and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
- Ability to drive internal and external CIP projects and aggressive cost reduction roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Willing to travel for business as required
- Experience in advanced technology (32nm or below)
- Experience working in a high volume foundry.
- German language proficiency is desirable.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 16 months ago