The Digital Advertising Coordinator is responsible for the daily placement and management of online advertising campaigns placed on The McClatchy Company’s newspaper websites. This individual must be effective in analyzing ad performance, and committed to nurturing good communication and instilling best practices with our customers.
This individual is also responsible for assisting customers with performance optimization for online campaigns, pulling reports for advertisers, keeping up to date on the latest rich media ad formats and how to place these within the ad management system. In addition, this individual will be responsible for assisting sites with the necessary page tags that are required for running advertisements online through the ad management system McClatchy Interactive supports.
Operational Duties (may be subject to change)
- Perform the day-to-day ad placement, scheduling and updates for customers, including rich media ad placements.
- Provide regular reports to customers and site managers on the campaign performance of their advertisers.
- Backup inventory management team as they assist customers with inventory and campaign performance management.
- Provide site tagging assistance and ad management system consultation for customers.
- Trouble-shoot how to use various ad types such as flash, expandable banners, interstitials, etc. for our customers who manage their own advertising.
- Handle communication with ad customers for any reporting problems, coverage updates, new features in reporting, etc. as it relates to the ad management system.
- Review current site advertising set-ups and make necessary changes if needed to best structure their ads, based on a thorough needs analysis of their sales goals.
- Keep up with IAB standards and advertising best practices in the industry.
- Cross-train on mobile ad process and fulfillment.
- Cross-train on web analytics system for back-up in pulling reports for McClatchy Interactive and/or our sites.
- Handle other operational duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
This individual must be highly attentive to detail and thrive in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven team environment. They must be capable of switching gears and being flexible, and be at ease with using online tools and multiple browsers. Additionally, they must be able to effectively troubleshoot complex problems, and be able to work independently.
They must be able to prioritize and multitask while providing superb customer service. Dedication, enthusiasm and energy are required.
Ideal candidates possess a solid understanding of internet technologies and specifically business models. Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel, preferred.
McClatchy Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory pre-employment drug test results. www.mcclatchyinteractive.com
About McClatchy Interactive Serving as the digital hub for The McClatchy Newspapers, McClatchy Interactive develops and maintains flexible online products that serve a wide range of functions. McClatchy Interactive currently provides a content management system, registration and data collection services, hosting and design services, ad management, news content and technical expertise. Because every market is different, solutions are scaled to meet the varying online needs of our affiliate organizations. In addition, McClatchy Interactive couples its technology and technical services with regular consultation and communication with affiliates to support their revenue and business goals.
About The McClatchy Company The McClatchy Company is the third-largest newspaper company in the United States, with 31 daily newspapers in 29 U.S. markets and approximately 50 non-dailies. In addition, McClatchy has a robust network of valuable Internet assets, including leading local websites in each of its daily newspaper markets, offering readers information, comprehensive news, advertising, e-commerce and other services. The company also owns and operates McClatchy Interactive, an interactive operation that provides websites with content, publishing tools and software development, and is part owner of CareerBuilder, the nation's largest online classified employment listing service. McClatchy also owns 25 percent of Classified Ventures, a newspaper industry partnership that includes such online classified web sites as cars.com and apartments.com. McClatchy is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI .
The McClatchy Company
- 2 years ago - save job
Established in 2001 in the province of Ontario, the Canadian division serves as The McClatchy Company's business development arm to market...