We create Beautiful Logic. We’re looking for someone that has the desire and passion for big thinking and even bigger design challenges. Someone which inspires and leads their team and projects to success and innovation. We’re looking for problem solvers, craftsman, communicators, team players, and all around cool people. You’ll be working on some of the largest and innovative media projects online. The AD will be responsible for brainstorming creative concepts with the project team, developing original design concepts, executing designs based on established style guides, leading visual design presentations to clients, and developing design specs for production.
Digital Art Directors are versatile and multi-faceted. An understanding of web technologies and grasp of the latest tools. The AD’s job is to create great interaction design schemes for clients and to help the team do the same. You should know how to foster a creative workspace, while overseeing and mentoring designers. You must have excellent communication and writing skills and also be a great team player.
- Lead, inspire, and collaborate with your co-workers to produce inventive, thoughtful, relevant work for clients
- Work closely with your team to execute on the creative strategy for projects
- Participate in all aspects of your team’s projects, focusing on innovation and quality
- Collaborate and lead visual designers and engineers to conceive and prototype interaction models, information architectures, and user interfaces
- Expertly craft documentation to represent the user experience, including: product requirements documents, functional specifications, flow diagrams, schematics, and prototypes
- Understand and work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, usability, technical constraints, as well as budget and schedule
- Work with User Experience Designers to implement interaction design guidelines
- Experiment with new tools and techniques to improve our work
- Cultivate an understanding of industry trends and share your insights with the studio
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of agency experience and at least 3 years as an Art Director
- Considerable experience in presenting and client interaction
- Self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Present a portfolio that represents a diversity of projects as well as a clear design perspective and a deep understanding of interactive methods
- An ability to be communicative, flexible and precise under tight deadlines
- Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Strong mentoring ability
- Excellent attitude and desire to learn
**Please include a link to your online portfolio**
Non-digital Art Directors need not apply.
Digitaria provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, and is headquartered in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter.
- This is an in-house position and candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to San Diego.