Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Digital Communications Specialist is a strategic thinker who can support The Education Trust’s online advocacy and organizing efforts. The Specialist is firmly entrenched in the social media space and responsible for creating and implementing comprehensive and effective online strategies to reach, inform, and activate a variety of target audiences. He/She also manages our digital engagement analytics, making sure we are gathering the right metrics, and providing insights to senior staff to improve The Education Trust’s digital strategy.
The responsibilities of the Digital Communications Specialist include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications and Experience
- Develop and implement online strategies to reach target audiences and mobilize them to act.
- Translate and repackage content for social media and other online platforms.
- Manage and coordinate the organization’s website and other online and social media assets, including Facebook and Twitter. Manage similar platforms and campaign tools for various coalition and partnership efforts coordinated by the organization.
- Define the metrics and create periodic analysis reports. Provide performance feedback to guide the organization’s online strategies and tactics.
- Stays up-to-date on emerging trends and best practices to communicate effectively and influence change via the online environment.
We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong knowledge of, and fluency in, effective social media and web technology trends, tools, and techniques, particularly as they relate to building, maintaining and engaging an activist audience.
- Familiarity with HTML and CMS platforms.
- Proven track record in the implementation of strategic online communications campaigns and online constituency outreach, preferably in an advocacy or campaign-related setting.
- Ongoing interest and engagement with evolving technologies.
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a creative, collaborative, results-driven environment.
- High degree of energy and enthusiasm.
- Deep interest in applying the use of new technologies to create social change.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust offers a comprehensive benefits package.
The Education Trust - 18 months ago