Digital Content Editor
is responsible for leading the development, coordination, management and distribution of high-impact content on www.HawaiianAirlines.com. This role supports our digital marketing initiatives by providing oversight of our website content strategy.
- Provide clear leadership and management of the development of compelling content consistent with Hawaiian Airlines’ established voice, tone, quality standards and style guide. Content includes written material, images, photos, videos, user-generated content, illustrations, etc.
- Provide recommendations for improving content substance, presentation and user experience
- Work closely with IT and other teams to develop, implement and improve content management tool workflows and other related processes
- Review, implement and approve content requests from business stakeholders, including developing content, designing presentation, incorporating graphics, page layout, etc.
- Manage content translations with vendor for non-English versions of the website
- Write and edit content as needed, including marketing copy, articles, blog posts, social media content, YouTube descriptions and more
- Create, manage and execute editorial calendar of themes/messages around core messages
- Leverage web analytics, sales data, usability studies, survey data and market data to bring a highly informed point of view to content marketing planning
- Perform content inventory to identify gaps in content needs
- Oversee migration of content from the current HA.com website to the new website platform
- Secure necessary approvals from business units and legal
- Effectively curate content from new and existing sources, including managing writing assignments, sourcing photos and videos, and managing deadlines
- Proactively develop and engage in effective working relationships, both internally and externally, with colleagues, customers, vendors, teams, departments, units and/or organizations.
- Identify opportunities and take action to build strategic content alliances and partnerships
- Develop, together with corporate communications, marketing and product colleagues, a stronger network of original content contributors
- Work with Brand team to leverage existing assets
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, English or related field or equivalent experience required
- 3-5+ years of experience as a content producer for a content-driven website, news outlet, brand or digital/PR/marketing agency;
- Strong computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) desktop publishing software, proficiency in Adobe Photoshop preferred
- Outstanding verbal/written communication, listening, leadership, project management, presentation and interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of Hawaii, both geographically and a cultural/sociological understanding, is preferred.
- Superior editorial skills, especially with online content, and demonstrated writing and editing ability under tight deadlines
- Detail oriented and possess solid organizational and research skills
- Self-starter and able to thrive in a challenging and fast-paced work environment both independently and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to drive process change, innovation and effectively execute, delivering high-quality results in a timely manner
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities
- Previous experience with Content Management Systems preferred
Hawaiian Airlines - 11 months ago
Luaus, leis, and lazing in the sun -- Hawaiian Holdings knows how to get you there. The company's main subsidiary, Hawaiian Airlines,...