TEN: The Enthusiast Network is seeking a full-time Digital Content Manager for the Carlsbad, CA office.
TEN: The Enthusiast Network is the world’s premier network of enthusiast brands, such as Motor Trend, Automobile, Hot Rod, Surfer, Transworld and GrindTV. With more than 60 publications, 100 Web sites, the world’s largest automotive VOD channel, 800 branded products, 50+ events, TV and radio programs, TEN creates and delivers content that informs, entertains, inspires and connects with enthusiasts every day.
The Digital Content Manager will provide the following duties, but not limited to:
· Responsible for planning and execution of daily editorial rollout, developing team of digital staffers, and setting overall direction of brand Web site(s).
· Assign and edit editorial contributions from the team, establish a high level of quality to help attract readership, optimize for search engines.
· Work closely with magazine(s) editorial staff help set brand(s) direction.
· Work with Web site production staff to coordinate content rollout and provide feedback to product team to help improve/develop site to better attract users.
· Grow and nurture brand(s) on all relevant social media channels.
· Establish and monitor the editorial financial budget and manage freelance editorial contributors when appropriate.
· Write consumer features, columns, and other appropriate editorial.
· Represent brand(s) at local, national and international trade shows and build strong links with readers and the industry.
· Other duties and tasks as assigned, including possible video standup work
· Journalism or English degree desired
· 4-6 years publishing experience preferred
· Previous experience as an editor in a publishing environment, or equivalent education and experience
· Previous experience managing staff
· Strong photo editing/handling skills preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent writer and editor able to communicate complex issues in lively, clear, and concise prose.
· Language skills suitable for a professional publishing position, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation, plus proofreading and copyediting capabilities.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills
· Able to work quickly and meet short deadlines.
· Knowledge of covered industry a plus.
· Video production/shooting skills a plus.
· Previous work on a high volume Web site a plus.
· The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word suite, Adobe Photoshop, Web content management systems, Wordpress blog tool
· Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
Tenneco Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures, markets and sells automotive emission control and ride control systems and products. It...