Founded in 2003, YouSendIt was working in the cloud before the term was even coined. At first the service was a simple way to send the large attachments that email couldn’t process, but has since grown to offer full online storage and management capabilities. Today, the company serves 40 million registered users across 193 countries and 98 percent of the Fortune 500. Aside from offering consumers an essential free service, YouSendIt’s renowned reliability, untouched data security and endless innovation make it the go-to solution for businesses, big and small.
YouSendIt is looking for exceptional people to help deliver the next generation of collaboration services and revolutionize the way people work. We like creative, innovative, smart folk who take the initiative and don’t want to hand it back. If that sounds like you and you want to work for a fun and friendly company in an exciting and growing space, find your next great job at YouSendIt.
Digital Content Manager
YouSendIt is looking for a creative and talented individual to create and manage the delivery of customer education resources, such as documentation and training videos. As part of the customer Success Team, the training manager will be responsible for determining what resources are needed, making sure those resources get created, and finally identifying the best ways to present and deliver this content online. In addition to being largely responsible for the overall training strategy supporting our professional and enterprise customers, this person will be a doer and spend much of their time creating how-to video’s, user guides, and training outlines.
A creative artistic flair is a must, as are excellent written communication skills. Experience creating training type video’s is highly desired. The training manager isn’t responsible for delivering live training, but you certainly could if that’s up your alley. You may manage a small team, and will most certainly work hand-in-hand with the customer success and customer support teams.
YouSendIt prides ourselves on delivering a secure and easy to use solution. In fact, part of our brand promise is that “no training or technical skills are required”. Training as we know it isn’t deeply technical or even necessarily sought after by our customers. Much of the challenge with this position is to understand the underlying goal of training is to engage our customers, enable them to discover new features and get more value from our solutions, and ultimately upgrade to premium accounts and promote our solutions to others. Your mindset must be as much around marketing and selling our solutions, as it is about training on technical features.
Some day-to-day responsibilities include:
Desired Skills & Experience
- Training strategy. Maintaining resource inventory, stakeholder wants, and priorities.
- Creating how-to type videos (see example: http://support.yousendit.com/t5/Applications-Knowledge-Base/Syncing-Files-to-Your-Desktop-Computer/ta-p/62
- Helping to develop, coordinate, and promote live training -typically webinars right now.
- Documentation such as admin guides, end-user guides, and one-pagers.
- Delivery strategy. Utilizing our online community and support site to present the most relevant content to the different audiences.
- Some sort of training background, and enough professional experience to be considered for manager level role.
- Superior written communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a professional, but casual, friendly, human style.
- Experience creating video’s – or be able to demonstrate some other transferable artistic skill and convince us you can learn the video part darned quick.
- A modest technical ability, you need to become proficient with YouSendIt services.
- A sales or marketing mindset. You must subtly sell and promote the value of the solutions as much as teach about the knobs and dials.
- Be a self-starter and go-getter. You’ll be expected to bring ideas to the table, and deliver results.
- Willingness to be part of an amazing team with outstanding people. Take your work seriously, but never stop having fun. Your personality and attitude are far more important to us than your background, or whatever keywords are on your resume.
For more information visit our website at YouSendIt. Inc.
YouSendit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.