Guggenheim Partners, a diversified financial services firm with more than 2,200 employees, is seeking an experienced Digital Designer to be part of a small and growing team. The hire will help shape the brand’s updated digital presence with a concentration on improved usability and compelling data visualizations.
Passion for UI design, creating brand continuity in a digital space, and typography are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a keen design sensibility that values simplicity and elegance over trendiness. Conceptual skills are important, as is the ability to turn information into opportunities for visual storytelling. The candidate will exhibit willingness to learn, evolve, and adapt new technology trends into professional practices.
Roles and Responsibilities :
• Participate in redesign and lead upkeep of corporate website, internal SharePoint site, and social media presence.
• Help define and create standards for how visual identity is executed in digital and interactive environments.
• Work between creative director, digital media manager, developers, and business owners to develop the next generation of web-based applications while assisting in the critical evaluation and continuous improvement of existing ones.
• Prepare art for online production. Provide wireframes, HTML markups, and CSS to web development team.
• Assist in the creation, development and refinement of email-marketing campaigns and landing page. Familiarity with platforms such as SilverPop Engage is a plus.
• Develop, modify or acquire the images used in projects, with a strong competency for retouching and adjusting images in Photoshop.
• Manage and maintain a central library of graphic assets to enable easy re-use across projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in design, advertising design, digital design, or related fields.
• A minimum of three years experience.
• Clean design aesthetic, with immaculate attention to design and typography.
• Comfortable designing for multiple mediums, including projection, screen, web, and mobile.
• Exceptional expertise of major design applications, especially Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Understanding of UI design methodology and practices, along with best practices for web usability.
• Strong working knowledge of jQuery, HTML5 and CSS3, CMS systems, and other web based technologies.
• Expert in HTML as it pertains to email marketing practices.
• Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality.
• A basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
• Must successfully pass a background check.
• Located in New York office.
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
• Keen design sensibility in pairing design and digital technology.
• The ability to effectively communicate ideas and respectfully critique those of peers.
• A track record and commitment to maintaining and updating technological skills and knowledge.
• A demonstrated enthusiasm for communicating through information design and graphics.
Please include a work sample when applying for this role.
Compensation: To commensurate with experience.
Guggenheim Partners is a privately held global financial services firm with more than $180 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2013 and includes consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $37 billion.
We provide asset management, investment banking and capital markets services, insurance, institutional finance and investment advisory solutions to institutions, governments and agencies, corporations, investment advisors, family offices and individuals.
We are headquartered in New York and Chicago and serve our clients from more than 26 offices in eight countries. For more information about Guggenheim Partners, visit guggenheimpartners.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Guggenheim Partners - 21 months ago
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $210 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2014....