Position Objective :
The Digital Designer designs and codes interactive, highly intuitive Web and mobile designs to inform, engage and delight users in a business-to-business environment. Responsible for creating dynamic prototypes, engaging users, and producing aesthetically pleasing digital solutions. This position requires timely and effective internal and external communication and collaboration with print designers, business analysts, IT developers, project managers, and external vendors.
Designs, codes, and delivers the navigation, interfaces, and interactions of Web sites, forms-based applications, and mobile experiences.
Creates interactive prototypes, wireframes, and finished solutions to help realize requirements and validate the usability of proposed products.
Establishes, enforces, and communicates user experience standards and guidelines.
Demonstrates knowledge of Web standards, layout, typography, image optimization, and branding.
Partners with print designers and writers to translate concepts into interactive experiences.
Conceives and assists with the creation of innovative digital solutions in tool sets new to Protective, such as Prezi.
Acts as an ardent advocate for users.
Works with consulting firms and agencies in the design of projects. Evaluates external designs and provides measured recommendations on their usability
Stays current on industry trends through industry publications, research and participation in internal/external activities, conferences and events.
Assists in the administration of Marketing-related tools and systems. Performs other duties as assigned.
Strives to develop and drive initiatives that align with key corporate values:
· Do the Right Thing
· Serve People
· Build Trust
· Simplify Everything
· Minimum 5 years of experience designing and coding interfaces and interactions for Web sites and forms-based applications.
· Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, psychology, computer science, multimedia design or related field with applicable experience. Certification in human factors or usability a plus.
· An impressive portfolio demonstrating design flair, coding competency, and user-centered design capabilities. A healthy portion of the portfolio must be represented online. Preference given to applicants who provide portfolios depicting deliverables at various stages in a project life cycle.
· Expertise in information architecture and visual design principles.
· Ability to span both the artistic and technical, and to work collaboratively with cross-functional, cross-disciplinary teams, including sales, marketing and IT constituents.
· Strong technical skills. Demonstrated expertise in Adobe Creative Suite Design and Web Premium (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Premiere Pro, Acrobat, InDesign).
· Familiarity with designing for mobile technologies.
· Professional maturity to accept and deliver constructive criticism.
· Collaborative capacity to work with team members across geographic locations. May require occasional travel.
· Experience within life insurance and/or annuity marketing a plus, but not required.
· Preference given to candidates with experience in user-centered, user interface design practices, including card sorting, contextual inquiry, and usability testing.
Protective Life Corporation - 15 months ago
- 3 days ago
- 1 day ago
Saatchi & Saatchi X
- 29 days ago