At PA Consulting Group, our goal is to deliver success for the leaders of today while developing the leaders of tomorrow. We are committed to developing our people and through collaboration and support, helping them become the successful leaders of tomorrow.
Your career at PA:
There are few career opportunities that can provide the combination of accelerated learning and skill development, personal growth and challenge, and fast pace that are provided by the various consultant positions in our Information Technology business.
At PA, you will be able to apply your capabilities and talent toward both helping clients in their efforts to solve their complex business issues and helping them through to implementation.
Utilities are increasingly called on to evolve to meet stakeholder expectations and PA helps leverage the full potential from existing and new technologies. Utility customers and regulators expect a greater level of service, matching the service they get from other providers, such as financial institutions, telecoms and consumer services. At the same time, there is also constant pressure to for Utilities standardize and streamline operations across the value chain, while ensuring reliable service at an affordable price. The challenge however is for Utilities to just adapt, but to transform their entire business and enterprise IT architecture to operate in a highly connected, data-driven and service-centric world. They must become “Digital Utilities”.
We are looking to grow our team at all levels in the Digital Utility space and we offer you challenging assignments and the ability to take ownership of your career and tailor your career path and progression at your own pace, in a way that helps you achieve your personal goals. You can choose to specialize in a service area and have the opportunity to work in other industries. You will have the opportunity to work internationally or to transfer between our global practices if you desire.
We distinguish ourselves by taking a very pragmatic, hands-on approach in solving client problems. Most of our consultants have prior industry or consulting experience. We operate in small teams that are drawn together with a mix of senior and junior consultants who have the relevant skills and expertise needed to solve the client’s problem.
Your key responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively in small or large teams, including client personnel towards achieving the shared goals of the project
• Apply particular specialties and knowledge, such as specific business and technical skills and experience, in an assignment role. Take on and lead assignments of increasing complexity as skills and experience develop
• Develop effective client relationships to help PA deliver value to our clients. Identify opportunities for new business development and support business development activities, taking on increasing responsibilities as skills develop.
Locations available: Arlington, VA; Boston, MA; Princeton, NJ; New York, NY; Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA.
• Experience in working with energy and utility firms, either in IT or operational roles in industry or as a Consultant
• Experience in developing the strategy or supporting the implementation of major utility IT systems, such as an OMS, DMS, GIS, CIS
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We will not sponsor visas for this position
• No relocation assistance will be provided
• Willingness to travel frequently
• Possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, technology or a related field. Masters level education preferred
We are looking for outstanding candidates with a strong drive to succeed who are enthusiastic about technology and motivated to achieve our clients' business objectives through solutions and business approaches that go beyond latest thinking and accepted wisdom. Successful candidates possess the following characteristics:
• Entrepreneurial, creative thinking and delivery skills
• A strong record of personal achievement both in professional settings and academia
• Strong analytical skills
• Leadership and team-building abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-less and collaborative towards achieving team goals
• Flexibility and adaptability.
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a leading management, IT and technology consulting firm. Independent, award winning and employee-owned, we operate globally in more than 30 countries and transform the performance of major organisations in both the private and public sectors.
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results to our clients through our innovative thinking and in-depth sector expertise.
We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s success, and regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
PA Consulting Group - 16 months ago