Working hand in hand with the Latin America IMD Director, this person will oversee the overall continuing activities of all NBA digital projects in Latin America, both those managed directly by the NBA and those managed by third parties. Such digital projects will include localized versions of NBA.COM, NBA International League Pass, Pay TV clients' authenticated access to NBA content ("TVE" solution), mobile phone-related projects, and any other new digital projects focused on growing the NBA presence and fanbase in the Latin American region. The role will also entail leading social media initiatives for the NBA in the region and working closely with the NBA’s marketing and social media teams.
Manage the NBA’s digital initiatives in the region:
• Develop and lead the execution of comprehensive strategies of digital content, including localized NBA websites, video syndication, online / mobile gaming, and social networking;
• Work with existing and new digital partners to maximize traffic and visibility of NBA content across digital platforms, including localized NBA online destinations and social media platforms.
• Manage ongoing relationships with each of the various areas of the company involved with the NBA digital business, having a clear understanding of each area's role in each digital project and working together with each area individually and as a group (as needed) to achieve each project's objectives.
Develop and manage digital marketing initiatives:
• Pursue innovative marketing initiatives to drive penetration of direct to consumer subscription products;
• Work closely with the local NBA offices and the NBA social media teams to develop social media strategies and initiatives targeted at increasing the leagues presence and relevance in the region.
• In collaboration with the NBA’s interactive services and marketing teams, develop marketing and partnership initiatives to increase penetration of NBA League Pass subscriptions in the region.
Other key responsibilities:
• Use internal tools such as Omniture to get up-to-date digital traffic data, including social media traffic, and be able to analyze it in the context of existing and new IMD projects in Latam.
• Understand marketplace trends, new technologies, and competitive forces, and assess their impact on the NBA’s business;
• Identify strategies and, in coordination with the Marketing Partnership and New Business teams, monetize retained and/or controlled digital inventory on a local and regional basis (e.g. direct sales force, working with agencies, up-selling global partners, etc.)
• Relevant digital and/or marketing experience
• Avid social media user
• Proven ability in successfully creating results-oriented presentations, sales proposals or marketing campaigns
• Client management, strategic plan development and event & project management skills
• High energy and positive with the ability to quickly gain the confidence of key constituents including partners and colleagues
• Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and creatively solve challenges
• Strong understanding of the digital landscape and market dynamics across key Latin America markets
• Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills
• 4+ years of relevant professional experience
• Prior digital, sports, media, entertainment and/or international experience a plus
Educational Background Required
• University degree (BA/BS)
• MBA and/or legal background a plus, but not required
NBA - 16 months ago
The NBA is a global sports and media business built around three professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the...