Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 150,000 customers worldwide. Since then, Linode has invested heavily in its people and set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, documentation, and management teams are all part of making Linode everything it can be. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
Linode's marketing team is responsible for educating prospective customers about the company's products and services and maintaining the Linode brand. Through training guides, live web events, conferences, relevant blog content and social media sharing, advertising, media relations, and event sponsorships the team ensures that prospects clearly understand what the company offers and how it may be of interest. The marketing team is also responsible for conducting market research to understand how the company can improve by communicating regularly with existing customers about events, promotions, or new features that may benefit them.
We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic, and self-motivated Digital Marketing Associate who will work within the marketing team to implement strategies that support Linode's mission. This person will work closely with their peers and management to fulfill the necessary public relations, advertising, promotional, sponsorship, and event coordination tasks for the company. The ideal candidate must have a bachelors degree in marketing or similar work experience, exhibit outstanding communications skills, and have strong initiative to go beyond the call of duty and perform tasks with great precision. We're looking for a team player who has the flexibility to work independently and someone who possesses strong business ethics and dependability.
Candidates must be available to work full-time at Linode headquarters in Galloway, NJ. Relocation assistance is available.
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- BA or BS in Marketing, or other related business concentration
- Minimum 4-6 years of related marketing experience, with a proven track record of successful digital marketing, preferably within the internet technology industry
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Experience in public relations
- Experience in ecommerce, SEO, PPC, Email marketing, and social media.
- Ability to write compelling marketing copy, blog posts, and proofread or edit accordingly
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor a must
- Excellent content writing skills and public relations experience
- Experience coordinating booking travel, organizing trade shows, conferences, and other similar events
- Experience working with a cloud computing or hosting company, or other internet service providers
- Experience with/exposure to virtual private servers (cloud computing)
- Familiarity with one or more Linux distributions, including Ubuntu and/or Debian a plus
Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 150,000 customers worldwide, and has been offering companies of all sizes virtualized...