Chippewa Valley Technical College
Digital Marketing Instructor
Business Education Center (Eau Claire)
Full Time or Part Time
Level OR Rate
Based upon faculty salary schedule
Projected Start Date
Hours Per Week
Full-time, salaried position
Flexibility in schedule, including availability for day, evening, weekend or summer assignments at various locations as appropriate.
If faculty position, indicate type of contract
Position Summary Information
- Health and dental insurance for all family members • Life and long-term disability insurance • Wisconsin Retirement System • 403(B) tax deferred annuity program • 457 deferred compensation plan • Section 125 flexible spending accounts • Paid holidays, personal and sick leave
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for increasing student learning through developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in college activities. Competencies and tasks of the position will be consistent with the educational principles of the college that focus on meeting the learning needs of students.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provide instruction to students enrolled in the Marketing Management and related programs. Course information can be found at: http://www.cvtc.edu/programs/program-catalog/Pages/Marketing.aspx. • Support and assist with the design, writing, and implementation of performance-based curriculum and course delivery strategies, including hybrid and online instruction. • Assess student learning, develop and maintain personal education plans with students and advise students. • Work collaboratively with high schools and higher education institutions to develop seamless transition for students, including transcripted credit and articulation agreements. • Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement, including establishing and maintaining program accreditation. • Work in a team environment with the ability to support a cohesive departmental/divisional atmosphere. Activities include reaching consensus at team meetings; making budget and scheduling recommendations; managing classrooms/labs; and being involved in the College-wide activities and the student marketing organization. • Utilize appropriate technology. • This position may involve day, evening and weekend classes that may be delivered at multiple campuses, and through distance education methods. • Assist with recruitment and retention of students. • Pursue ongoing professional development as related to the position. • Demonstrate a commitment to service excellence standards. • Relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
Training and Experience
- Proficient in software relevant to the marketing and graphic design field: MS Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, CMS, etc. • Ability to plan, organize, instruct and facilitate education courses of high quality. • Flexibility in schedule, including availability for day, evening, weekend or summer assignments at various locations, as appropriate. • Ability to utilize technology which supports teaching and learning. • Ability to work with students in both one-on-one and group instruction situations.
This position must be able to meet each of the four following criteria:
1. Must be able to meet accreditation requirements for Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) which includes:
from the employer)
- Master’s degree or higher in business, marketing, or graphic communications field OR
- Related or out-of-field master’s degree with documented 18 semester/27 quarter credit hours or equivalent of courses in the marketing and/or graphic communications field beyond the introductory principle(s) level (“sufficient subject matter coursework”)
- Related or out-of-field master’s degree with documentation of two or more of the following:
- In-field professional certification (national, regional, or state)
- In-field professional employment (minimum of two years documented experience
2. Must be able to meet certification requirements of the Wisconsin Technical College System Board:
- Teaching excellence
- In-field research and publication
- Relevant additional training equivalent to 18 semester/27 quarter credit hours of CEU’s, military training, vendor training, etc.
3. Must have documented competence in one or more of the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with education or training preparing a person for the occupational area being taught. Work experience combined with education and training totaling seven years (14,000 hours) shall be equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree for certification purposes.
- Minimum of two years occupational experience in the Marketing and Graphic Communications areas. A list of appropriate occupational experience is available at: http://systemattic.wtcsystem.edu/certification/occexp/104-10-3.docx and http://systemattic.wtcsystem.edu/certification/occexp/204-10-3.doc
4. Full-time employment with CVTC is contingent upon successful completion of background check(s).
- Digital marketing communications
- Social Media
To be considered for this position, please fill out the application online at: https://cvtc.peopleadmin.com/postings/1341
- Post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Experience with online instruction preferred.
- Experience with student advisement preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position requires transcripts. Copies are acceptable during the application process (originals may be requested upon hire). You can submit your transcripts via email, mail, fax or by attaching them as a file to this on-line application.
Chippewa Valley Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The following person has been designated to handle inquires regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, 620 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6382
- By attaching them as an electronic document to this on-line application, more information will follow OR • Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR • Via fax: 715-833-6451 OR • Via postal mail: Chippewa Valley Technical College Attn: Human Resources 620 West Clairemont Avenue Eau Claire, WI 54701
- Please include the posting number on the envelope to facilitate the processing of your transcripts.
Mission Statement Chippewa Valley Technical College delivers superior, progressive technical education which improves the lives of students, meets the workforce needs of the region, and strengthens the larger community.
Vision Statement Chippewa Valley Technical College will be a dynamic community partner dedicated to adding value through learning and student success.
Chippewa Valley Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Chippewa Valley Technical College - 14 months ago