The Digital Marketing Manager’s role and responsibilities reflects the spirit of its integration within the marketing team and will focus on four main areas of constituent engagement: (1) Lead Generation; (2) Stewardship (3) Retention and (4) Action and Fulfillment. The Digital Marketing Manager is also responsible for initiating and deepening relationships with the Food Bank’s constituents through e-communication and our digital properties. This individual drives the strategy, creative development, execution and analysis for digital communications and fundraising. Working closely with members of the development, community relations, advocacy, volunteer resources teams, this person will play a key role in the growth of CAFB’s advocates, donors and volunteers.
- Manages communications, stewardship and fundraising campaigns via CAFB’s digital communication channels including but not limited to: email, micro-sites, mobile, e-commerce third-party applications, website, sustaining gifts and virtual food drives. Optimizes campaign performance, and improves digital giving channels through analytics, testing and implementing best practices.
- Provides constituent support for digital giving, e-commerce, advocacy and fundraising.
- Manages digital relationships with constituents to increase engagement and retention and support 360 development initiatives.
- Develops segmentation strategies for e-solicitations, e-newsletters, and stewardship emails.
- Generates and analyze web reports to provide recommendations to optimize our interactive strategy.
- The Manager may supervise one or more Interns, Coordinators or independent Contractors, depending on the needs of the business or special projects.
- Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
Education, Experience, and Training
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Major course work in Marketing or a related field required.
- Four - six year’s full-time, wage-earning experience in online direct marketing or online fundraising with focus on both acquisition and retention.
- Experience in nonprofit online development preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of all key online metrics; open rates, click-through percent’s, conversion percent’s, etc.
- Experience with CMS systems. Experience with Blackbaud, Convio and The Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Strong understanding of online industry trends for online marketing and development mediums.
- Excellent communication skills, management and organizational skills, and analytical skills.
- Self-starter who is proactive with cross-organizational communications, and metrics-driven strategies.
- Excellent follow-through, online-interpersonal communications, detail oriented, problem solver, and up-to-date on latest web technologies and winning web marketing tools.
- Knowledge to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially writing for web and e-communications.
- Demonstrates good judgment and discretion.
USEFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
- Ability to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions.
- Experience managing Google Ad Words, Facebook Advertising and SEO
- Experience creating and editing videos
- Experience with graphic design, photography, and creating Infographics
- Social media experience, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Flickr
Feeding America - 18 months ago