Responsible for building an online community to promote the Society and its initiatives to its members and the global scientific audience as well as aid the cancer immunotherapy research community to more easily connect and share ideas in a virtual environment.
Position Responsibilities (Minimum 37.5 hours/week):
• Optimize all brand websites including existing content oversight to keep information accurate and relevant and developing new and innovative content (scientific and non-scientific in nature) with the assistance of SITC staff, volunteer content experts or medical writers as appropriate
• Work in concert with our web services department and have a strong ability with Web-based content management systems (CMS) to create desired visual look and necessary navigation for best user experience for Society websites
• Develop innovative social media programs to promote the Society, it’s Journal, the Forward Fund and other SITC activities and initiatives utilizing LinkedIn, Facebook, Pintrest, Twitter and the like
• Develop virtual communities appropriate for SITC audiences including developing the look, feel, navigation, content and services offered as well as promoting the communities to attract active users
• Work within a team environment to develop digital promotional strategies and implement campaigns that generate high levels of traffic to SITC websites and online communities including the use of search engine optimization (SEO)
• Develop strong partnerships with other appropriate and relevant online communities and external entities to enhance SITC’s virtual presence and impact
• Stay updated on new online marketing technologies, best practices, and industry trends to identify innovative strategies and solutions that will drive growth in quality lead generation (i.e. new members, meeting attendees, and/or virtual community users)
• Create and analyze reports on campaign effectiveness in an effort to maximize results as well as monitor all press/blog/social media mentions including the use of Google Analytics or equivalent Web analytics software
At least 3 years of website content development/deployment/management, digital marketing and/or social media management experience is a must, including a solid grasp of Web and email technology fundamentals. Ability to work independently but also with teams both internally and with volunteer leaders. Must meet deadlines, have strong organizational skills and quantitative analysis abilities with experience developing data driven reports and synthesizing results to make strategic decisions that optimizes the online marketing mix. Must be an avid user of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media channels – good knowledge and understanding of social media and online community platforms and how they can be deployed. Ability to use creativity while maintaining excellent communication skills in all forms. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or Journalism is preferred.
Amount of Travel Required:
Up to 2 weeks per year. Some weekend work may be required.
Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds required.