Why Join Us?
Working at ValueClick rocks! We offer an environment of success, scope and scale minus the sass (unless you’re into that!). We’re all about the yin and yang of stability and innovation as we continue to fill our company with those who are natural-born pioneers, shamelessly driven and innately collaborative. If you catch us wearing irritatingly big smiles, please excuse us. We’re doing great things here and wouldn’t want to do them anywhere else.
Are you a strong negotiator with excellent interpersonal skills, capable of multi-tasking in fast-paced environments? You like to provide first-class customer service to publisher partners and have your voice heard by contributing to specific departmental and corporate goals and objectives by suggesting relevant ideas. Well, ValueClick Media is expanding like crazy and we need your bartering skills.
As a Vertical Strategies Buyer your responsibilities will focus on building a focused roster of new website publishers and developing relationships with various publishers in the specific vertical categories of these networks in order to derive substantial advertising revenue for the client and specific vertical network. Additionally, you will work closely with the Account Management and Sales teams to focus their buying efforts to categories, content or sites in high demand.
Is This You?
- Prospect the best websites across specific content verticals. The needs will be determined collectively by the Media Development team as well as sales and account management to understand all activities and sales efforts behind the demand.
- Negotiate contracts with prospective partners including rates, inventory type and duration of contracts as well as identifying unique selling propositions and implement strategies.
- Optimization of accounts to achieve higher profit margins while maintaining high fill percentage.
- Responsible for all publisher recruiting functions including modifying the publisher presentations, contract negotiations and communicate to internal teams site statistics and unique selling propositions.
- Track and document all information related to prospective and current publishers including utilizing Salesforce.com and providing regular management reports as required by senior management.
- Revisit dormant publishers currently in the system in order to rejuvenate relationships and increase revenue potential.
- Work with other divisions to introduce new opportunities for additional product offerings.
- Identify network trends, both good and bad, and suggest ideas on improving and/or further development.
- Identify online ad industry trends and compare to vertical network positions. Suggest relevant ideas.
- Assist with large scale projects to ensure departmental objectives.
- Attend regular meetings.
- Achieve goals set by supervisor.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of online sales, planning/buying or business development experience.
- You’re a strong negotiator with excellent interpersonal skills and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong client management skills.
- Self-started approach with the ability to handle a fast paced environment.
Fourteen years of experience and access to the global data resources of ValueClick, Inc. make ValueClick Media the largest and most robust advertising platform of its kind. Proprietary consumer behavioral data, direct relationships with 8,500 publishers and access to additional inventory via real-time bidding, advanced behavioral targeting and optimization technology, strict network quality controls and superior service make ValueClick Media the data-driven audience targeting platform leading marketers and agencies rely on to reach their performance objectives.
Are you looking for new ways to connect with your prospects and customers? Whether your goals are related to building brand awareness or driving direct response conversions, ValueClick Media offers a comprehensive suite of audience targeting solutions.
Conversant Media - 2 years ago