The Digital Media Manager will plan, develop, execute and evaluate online marketing efforts that promote ESF Summer Camps, Phillies Baseball Academy, Union Soccer Schools and other ESF camp offerings to prospective and alumni families. This fast-paced role incorporates hands-on project management of website initiatives, email campaigns, social media, ad words campaigns and multimedia. The ability to manage and implement web content/web graphics, email campaigns and multimedia efforts, will be essential to one's success in this role.
ESF offers a wide variety of camps designed to provide the finest camp experience for our families and team members. The Marketing Department is essential enabling ESF to communicate its message and mission via online and print media in order to recruit/retain camp families and staff.
Position Scope Factors:
- Manage digital content throughout the year on 8 different websites promoting ESF’s varied programs (including non-profit business units) and job opportunities
- Own 150+ promotional email blasts annually
- Manage vendor relationships including web providers, email blasting services, multimedia services and photographers
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Project manage and collaborate with ESF’s Design Team, and seasonal web/multimedia staff on a wide range of online design projects (HTML email campaigns, web design, promotional videos etc.) depending on season and business needs
- Develop and lead email campaigns to promote events and retain alumni families
- Create campaigns focusing on Search Engine Optimization and year-round ad-words
- Act as primary web content owner, making sure that content is updated and current
- Coordinate ESF’s involvement in social media
- Oversee and coordinate the development and creation of video and other multimedia projects, integrating them on our website when needed
- Frequent review/analysis of web and other online analytics to identify trends, results and provide continued direction for ESF’s online marketing efforts
- Some weekend and evening events will be required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Position Competencies for Success:
This role requires qualities that support ESF’s Mission and Core Values, especially those of Customer Focus, Innovation, Growth and Community Action. Leadership, vision, creative energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and ability to collaborate on projects in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- 5+ years of experience in web content management and web promotion efforts with knowledge of WordPress, Dreamweaver, Drupal, Fireworks, Flash or similar programs
- 2+ years of experience in ad words and social media campaigns (Facebook, Linked-in, YouTube, Twitter)
- 5+ years of professional experience in developing and executing HTML email campaigns using Jango Mail or similar services
- Ability to work effectively with multiple departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including advanced working knowledge of all MS Office applications
- Ability to coordinate multiple, time sensitive projects
Bachelor’s degree required; Graphic Design, Web design, Marketing or Computer Engineering (or other related technical, creative or marketing field)
Other Skill Requirements:
Experience with common design, image processing, and production tools (e.g. WordPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other Adobe Creative Suite products)
Experience handling multiple content formats (text, images, video, audio)
Knowledge of SEO as it pertains to website design and development
Ability to identify and correct cross-browser display issues such as IE7, IE8, Safari, Firefox, etc.
Understanding of information architecture
Experience with Final Cut Pro and/or AfterEffects is a plus
Experience with mobile applications is a plus
Experience with Drupal a plus
Writing and editing skills will be essential for copy creation and editing of online projects
- Report directly to the Director of Marketing, Director of Admissions. Close collaboration occurs also with the Design team, seasonal web/multimedia staff and ESF’s Co-founders
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Employee is expected to exhibit ESF Core Values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
- Year-round position
- Minimum 40 hours per week during non-peak season; up to 50-60 hours per week during peak season
- Some weekend and evening events will be required
- This position involves extended periods of time at a computer workstation
- Some local travel and occasional distance travel to events and to ESF camp sites
ESF Camps - 9 months ago
ESF (which stands for Education, Sports, and Fun) has been a pioneering force in summer day camps since its humble beginnings in 1982 by...