The Digital Media Manager is a member Excelsior College Marketing team. The Digital Media Manager is an experienced online/digital researcher and strategist with a proven track record of providing fully realized media strategies, responsible for creating, implementing, and driving new strategies, as well as analyzing and optimizing current initiatives across a variety of online/digital platforms (search engines, social media, mobile media, and emerging media). This position will work together with the Media Manager to develop and manage the processes that support the collection, managing, and publishing of online information and coordinate integration with other traditional media campaigns as needed. The Digital Media Manager should be able to boost brand awareness, generate quality leads to support enrollment goals and thought leadership through monitoring, managing, and collaboration within the Excelsior College Marketing team. |
- Drive strategy for search engine marketing initiatives while meeting multiple goals for Excelsior programs including budget, cost per lead, cost per applicant, and cost per enrollment.
- Create landing pages and implement optimization tactics.
- Serve as the search engine optimization (SEO) expert on the marketing team.
- Work with the Associate Director of Marketing and the marketing production team to produce new search, online/lead generation campaigns. This will include hands on development of pay-per-click (PPC) key word ads, banner ads, and landing pages and development of key messaging strategies.
- Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, Bing, etc.), paid banner ads, directory listings, paid social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) and mobile including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization.
- Proactively research, analyze and recommend PPC media plans, and execute day-to-day optimization tactics (ad modifications, landing page content enhancements) that increase landing page traffic, site traffic, and short run lead generation goal conversion.
- Proactively analyze long run enrollment goal conversions to further inform media optimization strategies.
- Establish goal metrics for conversions that leverage industry standards as well as Excelsior program benchmarks.
- Grow and optimize our keywords portfolio through testing (A/B and multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywording, etc.
- Understand the data — specifically those that support marketing programs and measure results of online and offline channels.
- Negotiate, purchase, and follow-up on media placements for the College's online/mobile marketing initiatives.
- Manage all aspects of insertion/purchase orders, billing, and reconciliation of discrepancies in placement and billing with the Marketing Coordinator.
- Work with internal and external teams to traffic ad materials.
- Coordinate the verification of correct billing for all placements with the Marketing Coordinator.
- Track and report on results/responses for media placement and other promotional marketing initiatives.
- Research and stay aware of media industry evolution and technology.
- Convey new advertising opportunities as deemed fit.
- Coordinate the management of Excelsior College's advertising budget with other key marketing team members including the Media Manager.
- Provide media/market/audience research when necessary.
- Present media plans and media research in a concise and timely manner.
- Manage Excelsior's search engine marketing campaigns; i.e. keyword research/ad writing and ongoing optimization.
- Accountable for media/advertising expertise for Excelsior College academic portfolios.
- Manage the development and implementation of analytics and reporting methods to gauge program success.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required; marketing degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience managing paid marketing search, online, and mobile programs for well-established business to consumer organizations, preferably higher education and/or non-profit organizations.
- Should hold some combination of the following certifications: Google Adwords, Certification, Google Analytics Certification, Yahoo Ambassador, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools and interfaces, i.e.
- Coremetrics, Webtrends, and Google Analytics is required.
- Requires hands-on knowledge of best practices in search engine marketing (SEO and PPC) and a proven track-record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion standpoint.
- Web platform experience including content management systems and customer relationship management systems is a plus.
- A good team player.
- Excellent copy writing, editorial, oral, and presentation skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Office - especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets.
- Strong sense of account ownership and pride in work.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, monitor, and respond to changes quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Organizational skills with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results.
- Good sense of decorum and brand appropriateness.
Excelsior College - 9 months ago