The Digital Media Specialist is a sales support position that will aim to identify and develop digital business opportunities of existing and potential CMG Atlanta Radio clients. The primary duties will include working with the Digital and General Sales Managers to help our Media Consultants develop strategic solutions that meet a customer's needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of digital products/services such as Display, SEO, SEM, Mobile, social media and reach extension solutions. You will have the opportunity to leverage our industry expertise, position in the market, nationally recognized talent/websites to form consultative sales strategies. The ultimate goal is to build the trust of our clients while helping the individual radio stations.
Properties/Personalities & sites you will be working with: WSB AM 750AM & 95.5 FM News, WSRV-FM 97.1FM (971theriver.com), WALR-Kiss 104.1FM (Kiss1041fm.com), WSB-FM B98.5FM (B985.com), Clark Howard (clarkhoward.com), Herman Cain (caintv.com & Hermancain.com)
* Be a digital product expert
* Take responsibility for the planning and execution on digital plans for specific clients
* Work with a DSM and GSM on larger campaigns
* Manage all analysis and reporting of campaigns on a weekly or monthly basis
* Demonstrate the ability to plan digital media according to different objective criteria, particularly brand and direct
* Have an understanding of planning and buying across a range of buying metrics, including Search (Paid/Natural), CPC, CPA, Affiliates and Display
* Work closely with Sales Managers to tactically drive company wide goals and improve operational sales process.
* Find sales opportunities to collaborate with the AJC.com & wsbtv.com
* Work with other department heads, senior and executive key client contacts to determine specific advertising needs
* Work with all internal departments within Cox Media Group (Digital, Marketing, Management, Production, etc.) on the development and implementation of client campaigns
* Handle client services and ensuring all digital campaigns get live, including collection of assets and liaising with Ad Ops to ensure campaigns go live as expected
*2+ years experience primarily working with digital products, digital sales experience (Search and Display) REQUIRED
* Demonstrated record of success in goal oriented, highly accountable environment
* Superior sales and phone skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel and Access)
* Some traditional media experience (Radio a plus)
* Display Advertising (Local Sites & Reach Extension Products)
* Search Engine Marketing (SEM, PPC)
* Search Engine Optimization
* Streaming Audio
* Video advertising
* Reputation Management
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at
Cox Media Group, Inc.
US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE