Senior Digital Messaging Specialist – Orlando, FL
Deltak has been actively supporting the academic community since 1996. Today, Deltak provides a wide array of high quality services and support to prestigious academic institutions and their students, focused primarily on online and technology enabled learning. We foster a highly selective employee recruitment process that is matched by our focus on the personal and professional development of each team member once she/he becomes a member of our fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Every day, our professionals are helping to positively affect the lives of students through exceptional services, innovative technologies and, most importantly, strong personal relationships.
At Deltak, we are passionate about the success of our partners, their students and each of our team members. We believe that our Core Values, ownership mentality and personal connection make us a pre-eminent organization in higher education. If you are passionate about education and have the desire to help people succeed, then we want to meet you and hear your story.
Deltak has offices in Chicago, Orlando and Denver. Visit www.Deltak-Innovation.com for additional information.
The Senior Digital Messaging Specialist reports directly to the Director of Emerging Media. The Director of Emerging Media reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing
The Sr. Digital Messaging Specialist leads a team with the goal to support planning, execution and reporting for email, SMS and social media messaging campaigns that target prospective students for online degree programs. The Sr. Digital Messaging Specialist aims to deliver best-in-class levels of audience engagement, student experience, and communication effectiveness. The Sr. Digital Messaging Specialist must partner with management and peers to ensure the achievement of lead generation, user engagement, and return on investment objectives through all email, SMS, and social media channels.
• Manage cross channel campaign development and execution including content coordination, template management, testing, optimization, production workflow, scheduling, segmentation, quality assurance, and reporting.
• Specifically leveraging CRM and behavioral data to help drive customer segmentation/profiling, touch point prioritization, and messaging understanding.
• Lead strategy and execution of email, SMS and social media campaigns. Collaborates with creative team and internal clients to devise content and design in accordance with channel best practices in order to yield results.
• Establish and track key success metrics; provide regular updates on progress vs. goals to leadership; identify new offerings for inclusion in the services roadmap.
• Manage team responsible for the day-to-day management of core email and relationship marketing programs. Provide input into evolution of team structure, as relationship marketing needs evolve and grow.
• Run a high volume and fast paced production schedule - build, test and launch multiple campaigns, from simple to highly advanced via Deltak’s marketing automation platforms.
• Identify trends and opportunities for improved email campaign metrics. Includes evaluating technology and best practices to optimize return on investment through design, coding, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM compliance.
• Support development of relevant processes to make social media an integral part of the ongoing management of the business.
• Manage workflows for delivery management, campaign setup, and approval processes across multiple platforms for internal clients.
• Collaborate with marketing and creative teams on best practices and provides recommendations or suggestions to enhance campaigns as well as performance.
• Maintain consistency in messaging synchronization across the online student experience (email, mobile, and web).
• Ensure that subject lines, copy, and other content supports the strategic segment messaging, is engaging and incorporates best practices in order to create successful campaigns, while ensuring compliance with email and mobile industry best practices.
• Establish and manage strong working relationships with vendor partners and consultants to ensure achievement of objectives, platform performance, and results.
• Serve as liaison between Deltak and the marketing teams of our university partners to present, discuss, and collaborate on communication strategy including applicable mediums, campaign development, and performance.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in team situations using critical thinking, analysis, problem solving skills, and can-do attitude.
• BS/BA in business, marketing, communication or related field is required.
• 5-7 years of experience working in email, digital, direct marketing and/or eCommerce environments with a focus on performance based consumer marketing, measurement and analytics. Agency experience is a plus, but not required.
• Demonstrated leadership with managing people, locally and remotely.
• Solid knowledge of current email and mobile standards, compliance regulations, and email/mobile best practices.
• Experience with loyalty, CRM, life-cycle marketing and the role of information in driving offerings and effectiveness; multi-year experience with marketing data analysis.
• Working familiarity with email, CRM/marketing automation, analytics tools preferred, including but not limited to SalesForce, Eloqua, Google Analytics, etc.
• Experience employing A/B and multivariate testing programs
• Ability to build and maintain good rapport with external vendors and handle situations with confidence, tact, and resourcefulness.
• Self-starter and highly motivated. Must be capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment.
• Functional understanding of graphic design, layout, and presentation
• Functional understanding of web technologies (like HTML, XML, CSS, and others) and web-based user experience principles and best practices.
• Resourceful, team player, high energy and flexible. Ability to work in a fast – paced environment.
• Ability to embrace change and enjoy learning new platforms, programs, etc.
• Must be resilient and flexible, with a proven ability to deliver results within dynamic marketplace and evolving organization.
Deltak is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
To learn more about Deltak please visit our site at http://www.deltak-innovation.com .
Deltak has been actively supporting the academic community since 1996. Today, Deltak provides a wide array of high quality services and...