Using best practices, provide timely and consistent pre-production and post-production services for all corporate photography, including retouching and appending metadata.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage workflow and scheduling for all digital photography requests.
• Manage and coordinateadministrative functions for product photography, including creating shot lists, obtaining and returning products, and distributing photos to the requestor.
• Receive and process digital asset requests on a daily basis.
• Assist with downloading and processing digital images, and accurately recording information into photo metadata.
• Basic portrait retouching and occasional specialized photo retouching, including but not limited to: compositing of multiple images and adding logos to textured and angled surfaces within photos.
• Assist with ingestion of assets into corporate digital asset management system.
• Work as a photo assistant to Corporate Photographer in studio and on location, if needed.
• Provide back-up photography for corporate events and other projects as needed.
• Assist with production of photo books and slide shows.
• May require occasional evening and weekend work
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
• BA Degree required; preferably in photography, visual arts, or equivalent field.
• Minimum two years of digital post-production experience, preferably in a commercial studio or freelance equivalent.
• Experience in digital photography and studio lighting
• Experience in event photography
• Experience as a commercial photo assistant is a plus
• Experience with digital asset management system
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Skilled at photomanipulation and retouching using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom
• Ability to evaluate technical aspects of digital images, image size, resolution, sharpness, color balance, exposure, etc.
• Understanding of file formats, color profiles, bit depth, etc.
• Solid computer skills
• Creative and collaborative nature
• Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
• Possess excellent customer service skills
• Ability to manage and organize multiple projects and receive direction from multiple individuals in order to meet customer expectations
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Digital cameras, strobe lighting, general studio equipment, computer for photo manipulation and digital asset management.