Aisle Rocket Studios (ARS) is looking for a Director of Technical Project Management for its interactive team. Using a lean workflow model, this team delivers open source technology projects with great agility and a high standard of quality. Your job will be to make sure that the teams operate at optimal levels of efficiency and every project gets its due attention, while we stay within a reasonable range of the originally scoped effort. You will also work on eliminating the possibility of error prone hand-off transitions.
As our ideal candidate, you have a background in web development in open source technologies (LAMP stack) in a team environment. You are very much in-tune with the tactical knowhow of backend coding in PHP. You have gone through several life-cycles of projects as a Project / Product Manager or better yet, as a web developer / team lead.
- Managing projects from start to finish using agile project management
- Participating in frequent status meetings where the team members share progress, commit to work and identify any barriers
- Building and maintaining burnout charts to gauge progress
- Managing priorities guided by organically evolving designs and changing client requirements
- Mentoring and coaching team members in the use of agile methods
- Managing all aspects of the project life-cycle including project planning, resource planning, release planning, vendor management, and scope management
- Escalating project critical path as needed
- Creating and owning project plans that address deliverables, change management, resource and budget requirements, and engineering and implementation schedules.
- Minimum of 2~3 years of experience in management of web-based technology projects
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Demonstrable experience in agile project management methods preferably SCRUM, Test To Design (TTD), Rapid Prototyping and an understanding of iterative design
- Broad technical knowledge of applications, infrastructure, methods and tools
- Hands-on experience as a web developer or development team lead would be ideal
- Experience with risk management and associated risk models
- Writing client-friendly project status documents, status charts and acceptance testing criteria
- Must be able to identify "best practices" to institutionalize the agile environment
- Experience in working with business partners, technology teams and customers in defining requirements and managing deliveries
- Exceptional listening and communication skills with a strong ability to communicate business problems, alternatives and project strategy to a project team and customer groups
- Must be facilitative, objective and team-oriented
- Contract negotiation and vendor management experience is a PLUS
- Certified Scrum Master or Scrum Practitioner is a PLUS
- MUST be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be willing to embrace change
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and strong presentation skills
WE ARE AISLE ROCKET STUDIOS
And we’re an independently owned interactive advertising agency headquartered just outside of the beautiful city of Chicago, Illinois. At Aisle Rocket Studios, we work tirelessly to craft thoughtful, eye-catching and memorable interactive solutions that promise to move people and products.
Aisle – We consider this our territory, with a robust portfolio of work for many of the biggest household brands. We provide innovative, strategic and creative solutions for our clients and have mastered the art of guiding consumers on the path to purchase. In-store or online.
Rocket – We specialize in energy and major in adventure. Coming aboard, you’ll be immersed in a dynamic, fast-paced and fully integrated agency that places the onus on marketing, interactive design and content management. As advertising has evolved, so have we. But no matter how dramatically things change, some things will always stay the same – our focus on client service, innovation and results.
Studios – Here we roll up our sleeves to experiment and collaborate to find solutions that are innovative, eye-catching and ridiculously effective. Our secret? The people that walk our halls, sit in our chairs and scribble all over the walls of our conference room. They’re smart, funny, and honestly, the best in the business.
Our Services: Advertising & Brand Building, Retail Marketing Point-of-Sale, Interactive Marketing Strategy, Interactive Design and Development, Social Marketing, Email and Database Marketing, E-commerce Solutions, Content Management Systems, Product Content Management, Integrated Multi-channel Campaigns, and Web Analytics Consulting.
Visit aislerocket.com to learn more about Aisle Rocket Studios.
Benefits & Perks
What we bring to the table
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, personal & more)
- Pre-tax insurance benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401K match & vesting plan
- Employee referral bonus
- Easy Train Commute - Located right across from the Palatine (IL) Metra Station
- Free, covered parking
- Discounted prices on appliances and electronics
- Creative lounge and game/rec rooms
- Social events and impromptu happy hours
- Small-agency feel with big-agency clients
- Gym, dry cleaner, restaurants and more within walking distance
- Flexible Work Schedules (subject to manager’s approval)
Aisle Rocket Studios - 4 months ago