This position will be responsible for growing ad sales revenue for TargetSpot in the Midwest territory, and will be based in our Chicago office. We are looking for a senior Digital Sales Director to drive the digital music marketplace forward and engage advertising agencies and brand marketers in programs that move the needle for their companies. Our inventory consists of in-stream audio, as well as pre-roll video, banners, takeovers, custom player skins and other custom opportunities from high profile radio and music sites. In this role, you will have quarterly revenue targets and will be expected to achieve these targets by: prospecting new clients (agency/direct), presenting ad opportunities to new and existing clients, and working with our internal team to deliver new and innovative national, local and hyper local solutions to clients. You’ll manage business relationships to ensure that your clients’ needs and requirements are met, and you will be equipped to deliver unparalleled programs, data, and service to your key customers. This is a high-adrenaline, client-facing role requiring deep industry expertise, agency and client-side relationships, and a proven track record driving sales and closing business. This role requires an understanding of how marketing decisions are made within agencies and marketing organizations.
Evangelize the market for online music and command presence in your region as the digital outside sales lead for accounts by being an expert in interactive marketing.
Develop account strategies to drive long term revenue growth, develop RFP responses and programs, and drive upfront media buying.
Build strategic level relationships with clients and agencies and generate high level campaign ideation to meet client goals and objectives.
Manage the sales pipeline and drive revenue through consultative media/solution sale.
How To Apply
- At least 5 years experience in an online advertising sales role
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals
- Ability to generate new business in a fast paced environment
- Sales pipeline and forecasting management
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written business communication skills
- Proficient in analytical thinking and problem solving
- Strong knowledge of, and established relationships in Chicago
- Strong knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary/online marketing tactics and strategy
- Deep understanding of the industry’s (industry defined as digital music/entertainment radio) issues, a vision for its growth, and a commitment to advance TargetSpot’s vision within the marketplace
- Willingness to travel frequently
- BA/BS in a Business or Marketing related field
Please send a cover letter and resume to David Kert, VP of Digital Sales: email@example.com
TargetSpot is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
TargetSpot - 21 months ago