WXYZ-TV is hiring a Digital Sales Support Associate.
In the Detroit, Mich., television market, WXYZ-TV is the No. 1 station, sign-on to sign-off, and has been for many years. The station was selected as the site of the first "Town Meeting With President Bill Clinton" in February 1993. In 1996, it won the George Foster Peabody Award for broadcast and cable excellence, the Investigative Reporters & Editors Award, and the Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Award. Additional accolades include Best Talent, General Excellence, 1st Place Newscast, and Michigan Station of the Year. WXYZ-TV has a reputation for community involvement, earning it the Outstanding Public Service and Best of Show at National Headliner Awards, and the National Community Service Award from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The station is closely connected to the St. Vincent de Paul Society of Detroit, an organization they adopted after a fire destroyed its supplies in 1995.
The Digital Sales Support Associate is responsible for providing the support required to process digital campaigns from pre-sales to launch and will play an active role in designing and implementing solutions to support growth of digital revenue. The Digital Sales Support Analyst will interact with sales teams to ensure seamless digital campaign execution, providing a high-level of client service support. This person will be a key contributor to the digital sales team by supporting digital sales efforts locally and partnering with the centralized digital revenue operations team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Enter and maintain customer data in a customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Prepare reports and information to support customer meetings
- Assist with creating holistic advertising campaigns with the ability to manipulate and calculate pricing structures utilizing CPM(cost per thousand), CPC(cost per click)
- Work with sales teams to research, write and create sales presentations
- Enter all aspects of a digital campaign into multiple digital advertising sales systems
- Ensure that all elements of advertising campaigns are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Advise/consult with internal departments regarding ad inventory, forecasting, sell through rates
- Ensure complete and accurate revenue recognition in a variety of billing systems
- Compare reporting with third party to confirm campaign reporting is tracking and campaigns are running as contracted
- Generate monthly client campaign reports and interpret the results, providing key metrics and campaign recommendations to assist the sales team with client retention
- Work closely with account executives to capture customer needs for execution of digital campaigns
- Leverage digital tools to support digital campaign pricing and planning
- Support and adhere to digital revenue operational processes, policies, procedures and standards of performance
- Process customer credit requests (i.e., review against agreed limits) and report status to account executives
- Liaise with web production, sales, marketing and analytics regarding planning and prioritization to assist in execution of the campaigns
- Work collaboratively with the sales team to recommend campaign modifications for optimal results
- Cultivate positive professional relationships with clients, vendors and internal teams
- Collaborate with billing team to resolve monthly invoicing queries
- Maintain master local inventory avails and sponsorship calendar
- Attend sales training and planning meetings
- Schedule customer meetings
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience in related field
- 1 - 3 years experience in digital sales preferred
- Experience with web analytics, e.g., Omniture, Quantcast,Google Analytics preferred
- Experience with digital ad serving technology preferred
- Experience with Wide Orbit traffic, Salesforce.com, and Doubleclick a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Must be digitally savvy and have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to successfully manage several projects simultaneously in a deadline oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Adapt well to constant change, proactive and resourceful, with meticulous attention to detail
- Think creatively and work collaboratively
- Innate ability to quickly learn new software programs such as order management systems and customer relations management software
- General knowledge of third party ad serving solutions as well as rich media technologies, including impression and click through tracking pixels preferred
- Knowledge of print and broadcast advertising is a plus.
E. W. Scripps Company - 14 months ago