Position: Digital Strategist (12 month contract - maternity leave)
Department: Strategic Services & Marketing Sciences
Reports directly to: Managing Director
Advertising Age ranks Wunderman as the #1 digital and #1 CRM agency in the world. Founded by Lester Wunderman in 1958, Wunderman has 170 offices in 60 countries and specialist teams in social, mobile, data and analytics that add depth and breadth to a full range of digital and direct client solutions. Informed by analytics and insight, our creative content engages the whole consumer—as participant, critic, creator and champion—in always-on conversation and dialogue to propel our clients’ growth. In Canada, Wunderman's key clients are Microsoft, Ford, Kraft Foodservice, Chico's, and Colgate. Wunderman is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY).
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The Digital Strategist is a seasoned communication strategist with in-depth knowledge of digital and social marketing as well as a passion for customer experience innovation. They are effective at developing and communicating unique, market defining solutions and have a strong strategic understanding of business and defining business and marketing challenges.
As a Digital Strategist, you are highly creative and hands-on, with the ability to translate research and key insights into exceptional marketing strategies and online user experiences. You have a proven track record of developing impactful online and social media campaigns, are considered a mentor and leader in your discipline, and embrace learning and growth in yourself and others.
Wunderman Canada is searching for a Digital Strategist to apply their passion for digital and social marketing to existing and new client relationships, through creating insightful and impactful strategies and marketing campaigns. This person will work directly with the Managing Director to sell the full suite of digital capabilities, to organically grow business with current clients, and to grow independent business with new clients.
- Work with clients and account teams to identify specific business and marketing challenges, industry drivers and competitive analysis to create outstanding digital solutions that may/may not integrate with overall brand initiatives
- Lead the planning and conception for all digital and social campaigns for key clients; define objectives, develop insights, foster creative enthusiasm to generate break-through ideas
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to bring strategies to life and ensure that the plans support the client’s business and brand goals
- Oversee strategic processes including digital listening, persona development, customer journey mapping, community and influencer engagements and other research as required to drive effective planning
- Authors various client deliverables depending on the assignment, which may include research plans, creative briefs, digital and social strategy roadmaps and recommendations, and relevant frameworks
- Participate on global assignments and new business proposals and pitches.
- Coach, mentor and develop an extended team of account, analytics and technology professionals of varying experience levels
- Develop expertise and service offerings in consumer engagement, particularly how social and mobile integrate into traditional marketing strategies
- Work with the global network to stay abreast of best practices and keep the capability best in class
- A thought leader for the organization, sharing experience and knowledge of trends and best practices in digital, social and mobile marketing that encourage development in all areas of the organization
- A degree in Business/Marketing or a related field, in combination with strong digital marketing experience across multiple industry categories, required
- Minimum of 5 years of intermediate to senior level digital strategy and/or planning experience in an agency setting; client side experience also an asset
- Experience in using and/or leading a team of professionals including planners, analytics, creative/design, IA, developers, community managers, etc.
- Familiar with relevant tools such as Omniture, Google Analytics, Radian6, Sysomos, etc., as well as social media technologies and platforms
- Proven experience delivering acquisition and engagement strategies and campaigns that drove desired results across Paid, Owned and Earned media
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision making ability, to influence and facilitate knowledge development at multiple levels
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, and quickly understand clients’ business objectives to lead the creation of outstanding solutions
- Well-developed communication skills including presentation and facilitation
- Ability to interact and consult with all levels of clients, both in informal strategizing sessions and in new business pitches
- Excellent collaborator and strong leader that can motivate an organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter, who is focused on and accountable for results
If you've ever felt the need to "Be a Pepper," you can thank Young & Rubicam Brands (Y&R). As the advertising and...