We are seeking an innovative Web Designer with the ability to carry out multiple small web projects from conceptualization to launch. This person may work independently or collaboratively with the Web Marketing Manager and a team of programmers to design single-page CMS templates, website portals for new and existing business ventures, social media pages and email campaigns. The candidate must have a solid portfolio of work demonstrating a strong understanding of web design best practices and accessibility standards, experience creating user interfaces and email campaigns, and be able to hand off projects with some level of structure or requirements.
High quality designs which carry the “wow!” factor while considering ARM’s technical user base;
Play key role in designing and producing innovative new web components ranging from single-page templates to complete websites;
Responsible for carrying projects from mock-up to launch, including designing paper prototypes and wire-frames and then moving the final product into front-end production. This individual may work independently to complete some projects while others will require collaboration with the Web Marketing Manager and Technical Web Team;
Responsible for designing email campaign newsletters. Doing so will require a strong understanding of email design best practices;
Design and develop social media pages to support creative and engaging content that increases consumer engagement;
Follows ARM’s design standards, which include layout rules, typography annotations, etc.
Manage elements of the CMS and website, content review/approval and asset management, including images, videos, and documents;
Active participation in design & UX discussions and brainstorming sessions;
Collaborate with Web Marketing manager regarding web design best practices, trends, and accessibility standards while making recommendations that best support the achievement of business objectives;
Perform various site audits as requested
Other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications
B.A. in graphic design or 3 to 5 years experience
Essential Skills & Experience
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Must have excellent web and graphic design skills
- Must have experience in HTML, CSS and XML
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity working with the design constraints of a CMS
- Knowledge of usability, marketing, and web design principles
- Knowledge of web technology and current trends – the what, why, when and how of AJAX, HTML5, Flash, browsers, etc.
- Experience designing for email newsletter campaigns and social media channels such as Twitter and FaceBook
- Must have strong organization skills to manage website assets and design files
- An understanding of the web development life-cycle
- The ability to work on multiples projects while under strict deadlines. The ability to turn around work reasonably quickly while still maintaining exceptional quality is a must
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently
- Excellent time management including the prioritization of tasks and controlling scope
ARM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Flash, including action scripting
- RedDot CMS
- Print Design
- Photography skills
- Designing UX for mobile devices
- Salary - Commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Contributory 401K
- 4 weeks paid vacation
ARM - 13 months ago
ARM Holdings develops and licenses microprocessors based on reduced instruction set computing (RISC) -- a chip architecture that allows seve...