Functional Area(s): Marketing Communications
Department: GCOM is a centralized organization that provides integrated marketing services, including promotion support, digital support, brand design, public relations, multi-cultural, social media and more! On our marketing communications team, you’ll be a part of a larger GCOM (General Mills Communications) team and help give our organization a broad-based communication understanding while helping to deliver world-class marketing campaigns. You’ll work with a collection of experts that few companies can match. And every day, we work together to deliver integrated campaigns that connect with customers at many levels.
Job Description: General Mills is seeking a Digital and Community Management Planner to enable stronger platform execution by delivering digital strategies across the Pink and Outnumber Hunger platforms. In addition, you will develop content, activation, and capabilities that can be leveraged by the Integrated Shopper Marketing and field sales teams, and ensure that all key stakeholders’ needs are met, driving seamless program integration. In this role you will lead the digital strategy by managing both agency relationships and internal General Mills teams. Digital project management experience is key to balancing timelines and projects between agency and internal partners.
In this role you will:
- Manage and direct digital (web) and social media efforts on a semi-autonomous basis. Represent and be well versed in the core campaign objectives, strategies and goals. (Overarching strategy)
- Manage all aspects of the digital components of platforms, specifically as it relates to Outnumber Hunger and Save Lids to Save Lives (executional)
- Ensure plans are integrated into overarching campaigns and fully leverage all digital marketing levers; partner with Relationship Marketing to achieve mutual goals
- Develop digital strategies and capabilities to support corporate events and platforms: improve consumer engagement, facilitate developments and enhancements, drive awareness and increase ability for field customization
- Provide support and management of digital agencies – ensuring that they are meeting timelines, capability requirements and scope of work
- Evaluate and manage social media facets – develop communication plans, engage relevant brands and act as community manager for Pink and Hunger platforms
- Liaise with technology resources to ensure front-end and back-end program development syncs seamlessly
- Provide ongoing and consistent competitive summaries, evaluations and recommended program enhancements
- Evaluate program campaign performance and provide recommendations moving forward
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; degree in Advertising, Business, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations preferred
- 3-7 years of previous experience
- Experience leading digital strategy
- Ability to work collaboratively with a large cross-functional group
- Strong leadership and influencing skills are key
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2011 global net sales of US$14.9 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Job ID: 51701473
General Mills Inc. - 2 years ago
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills...