Job Description: The Boston Globe is looking for a creative, organized designer to join the design and development team for our two websites. BostonGlobe.com is a subscription site launched in 2011 featuring groundbreaking responsive design. It was named "World's Best Designed Website" by the Society for News Design. Boston.com, our free site, is the sixth-largest newspaper-related website in the country. This position requires the ability to communicate design principles verbally and through wire frames, comps and HTML/CSS/JS. We're looking for a team player able to easily move across disciplines to work with the editorial and product teams.
As a designer at Boston.com and BostonGlobe.com, you will …
- Assess a project and come up with the best design approach.
- Work closely with the design director to define and maintain consistent style across all of our digital products, from desktop to mobile and beyond.
- Convert designs into clean front-end code.
- Be a leader on projects across all platforms and work with colleagues in other departments to ensure seamless integration.
- Be part of a team that redesigns Boston.com
- Has an excellent eye for design. Candidates should know great web UI when they see it and be able to explain why it's great.
- Is a highly organized individual, with close attention to detail.
- Is always looking to learn.
- Needs to be fluent in Adobe design products to create wireframes and comps.
The Boston Globe is wholly owned by the New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading, global multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, that includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
Boston.com is one of the most visited regional portals in the U.S. and is wholly owned by The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, that includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, About.com and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
EEO Statement: The Boston Globe is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The Boston Globe is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
The New York Times Company
- 2 years ago - save job