Posting Title Senior Director of vCHS, ISV Alliances About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Why work for our Division Hybrid Cloud is one of VMware’s three corporate missions with an estimated $12B in total market opportunity, making this business unit one of the fastest growing divisions in the company. VMware vCloud Hybrid Service, a solution that helps organizations accelerate their expansion to the public cloud by coupling the value and reliability of VMware virtualization with software-defined data center technologies, enables businesses to take a huge step forward with a cloud that delivers the apps they need, when and where they need them, with no changes required. We are hiring talented people to build upon this invaluable offering to our customers. Are you interested in being part of an employee community that is once again defining what’s next in IT? We are further building Hybrid Cloud Services organization and searching for people who fit our culture – instigators of innovation, catalysts of creativity, and transformers of technology in Engineering, Data Center Operations, Sales, Systems Engineering, Professional Services, Marketing, Product Management and more! The great people that make up VMware continue to be relentlessly curious with a bias towards disruptive thinking. If this sounds like a place for you, come join us and help us define what’s next! Job Description The Strategic ISV Alliances Senior Director is responsible for all aspects of VMware’s partnership with a set of high potential, high value ISVs. The Strategic ISV Senior Director is responsible for identifying, planning and executing upon the entire opportunity for VMware around these ISV.
- Define and own VMware’s partnering strategy with ISVs: quantify the opportunity, craft a strategy, define initiatives and outcomes, and orchestrate resources against it. Ability to analyze and segment different markets, and develop strategic business plans around them
- Develop a deep understanding of the ISV(s), their products, their strategies, their customer value, and how they go-to-market
- Working closely with technical personnel, identify areas of product synergy and customer value. Leverage this knowledge to drive the creation of product integrations, joint solutions, product roadmap alignment, and differentiation. Ensure alignment of product roadmaps and releases
- Working closely with go-to-market personnel, identify areas of joint customer value and ways of driving customer adoption for VMware’s Private and public Cloud vision, through the ISV and its efforts. Leverage this knowledge to drive the creation of customer adoption programs, joint selling or reselling initiatives, joint marketing campaigns, and other relevant business development initiatives
- Become the business and virtual team lead for alliances, systems engineering, marketing and sales across these partnerships. Must be able to influence and drive activity across different departments, both within VMware and within the ISV
- Develop trust-based relationships with key personnel across the ISV(s), including executive management
- 7 years’ experience in a business development role working with large ISVs, such as SAAS or Service Providers.. Additional experience in marketing or sales helpful
- Experience working with or working for Application vendors
- Ability to navigate complex organizations, develop trust-based relationships, and drive concrete results
- Understanding of applications software, their role in a customer’s operations, and their relationship to VMware’s platforms and tools
- Ability to work out results-oriented win/win plans in complex, often “co-opetitive” partnerships. Ability to negotiate and close a variety of partnership deals (OEM, resale, etc)
- Sufficient technical expertise to recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers from both sides
- Crisp and effective communicator who can work well within extended teams
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline required. MBA is a plus. Location Palo Alto, CA, US Requisition Number 40944BR Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...