Dimensional Control Surveyor Trainee – |
The Industrial Services division of Intertek Group is a global end-to-end services provider of technical verification, second party auditing, supplier evaluation, conformity assessment, asset integrity management, consulting and system certification. We serve a wide variety of industries, including oil, gas, (petro-) chemical, power, renewable energy and civil & infrastructure.
Location: Houston, TX
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBITLIES
- Operate effectively within a Survey Team.
- Carry out various aspects of Dimensional Control and Laser Scanning (as required within general survey work activities) under supervision.
- Ability to accurately set-out a basic Survey Control Network.
- Preparation of Survey Reports and Drawings.
- Candidate must have the ability to work under pressure and meet fixed deadlines on a timely basis, and have the ability to work both as an individual contributor and within a team environment.
- Candidate must be a highly organized individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous supervisory and leadership responsibilities within survey crew required.
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Able to work overtime if needed
- Computer literate
- Able to work weekends
- Work well under pressure and understands deadlines
- Good organizational skills
- Able to pass drug screen
- Must be comfortable in written and oral communication skills and well organised.
- Must be prepared to travel.
- Basic experience in Offshore and Onshore Construction and Piping DC.
- Basic experience with various forms of Survey Technology including, Topography, Laser Scanning, GPS and 3-D Calculation and Drawing software.
- Ability to execute basic tasks within Surveying, Calculations (DIMES and Point Cluster), Drawings (Auto-Cad) and related Survey Reports and operating a Laser Scanner.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details.
Intertek offers a culture where motivated and customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, 100% tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
Intertek - 24 months ago
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...