Dining Service Coordinator
Job Number: 54756
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. ( BSL ) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD).
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at the Sterling House of Mansfield, located in Arlington, TX!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice . Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates over 640 locations in 35 states and employs approximately 47,000 full and part time associates and serves nearly 72,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers/continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and management services.
Immediate Opening: Dining Services Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Sterling House of Mansfield - 1771 Country Club Drive, Arlington, TX ,76063
Contact: Melissa Basham
Summary: The selected individual will direct the delivery of professional food services in restaurant style dining operations, catering and special events. Manage the Dining Room Services within the parameters of established budgets, policies and procedures.
Other responsibilities include:
We seek the following qualifications:
- Supervises and directs the work activity of Dining Service employees.
- Confers with staff to plan menus and related activities.
- Oversees cleaning and maintenance of equipment and facilities and ensures that all health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- Participates in the hiring, assignment, training, motivation and termination of personnel.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
- Ability to professionally represent Brookdale Senior Living
- Experience in fine dining supervision, full meal preparation, hospitality, serving, hosting and running the floor required
- Experience working with special diets recommended (mechanical soft diet, puree diet, diabetic diet, etc.)
- Previous professional cooking experience and managing staff required
- Experience with on-line vendor purchases and expense management required.
- Cooking in a clinical setting would be beneficial with future plans of a nursing home
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written), time management and organizational skills required.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. College coursework and/or culinary education preferred
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of food service positions
- Experience working within a budget/ ordering
HOW TO APPLY: For immediate consideration, please forward resume to Melissa Basham at email@example.com or apply online at www.BrookdaleCareers.com
- Enjoys cooking
- Possesses a positive outlook toward making a difference and takes pride in helping others
- Must be personable and people oriented
- Solid Ability to interact and build relationships with older adults
Key Words: clinical dietitian, diet, diet technician, dietician, nutrition, nutritionist, registered dietitian, assistant food service manager, assistant restaurant manager, chef, co manager, director, supervisor, food manager, food preparation, food service, hospitality, hotel, management, manager, restaurant, restaurant management, restaurant manager, Arlington, TX, Dallas, TX
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. - 10 months ago
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living cen...