Director, Applications Development
- Requisition #: 202944993
- Job Category: Information Systems
- Operation: DF Alpharetta: GIC-LMS and GIC Ctrs.
- Job Group: Staff
- Job Grade: 40G
- Job Code: 4326
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: ALPHARETTA, GA 30005 - Morris Road Location
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career .
The Director, Applications Development (EDI, Healthcare) , participates in, drives, and approves the development and implementation of quality technical solutions. This position provides full systems life cycle management leadership to ensure project alignment with business strategies and needs. He/She oversees and drives component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing of applications development initiatives to meet business requirements and to ensure compliance.
This position provides strategic management of and contributes to applications development project plans and integrations and emerging technologies’ impact on the organization. He/She manages resource allocations to ensure full accountability for decisions influencing the success of project deliverables, deadlines, and budgets. This position directs and inspires teams and promotes skills development and enhancement and innovative training. He/She applies a broad and deep IT knowledge to provide high-level consultation and to manage strategic relationships.
The Director, Applications Development (EDI, Healthcare) will be responsible for the Global Integration Center and Healthcare applications within the Supply Chain Solutions Portfolio. The successful candidate will have experience managing large, complex projects for integration and electronic data interchange with external customers. He/she will have experience in EDI translation development tools and middleware messaging technologies.
Advises, Approves, and Applies System Analysis and Design
Sets and Demonstrates Programming and Software Development Strategy
- Approves and drives systems' design to meet long-term business and technical strategy.
- Applies cross-functional analyses and design decisions to support complex initiatives.
- Influences and provides technical expertise on information systems' designs and components to meet defined business needs and to ensure compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures.
Oversees Maintenance and Support
- Provides Applications Development (AD) input for business and functional requirements to ensure technical solutions' balance with business needs.
- Initiates and drives process and system improvement opportunities to increase development efficiencies and quality and to decrease costs and time-to market.
- Directs allocation of resources within a department to ensure system development projects and programs success.
Oversees Department Budget
- Ensures application maintenance and provisioning activities meet service level agreements to support system users and service delivery functions.
- Monitors maintenance and support costs to drive opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews applications reliability to influence areas for improvement.
- Directs the development of business continuity plans to ensure business domain support.
Influences and Directs I.S. Strategy and Governance
- Oversees development of the department budget to ensure costs are within budget, allocated appropriately, and meet business requirements.
- Oversees governance of departmental budget results and trend analysis to align to agreed upon projected year-end financial goals.
- Assesses the financial impact of alternatives (e.g., solutions, products, etc.) to ensure cost efficiency and to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Recommends opportunities (e.g., cost reduction, products, services, etc.) to increase return-on-investment and revenue generating initiatives.
Defines, Advises, and Influences Use of Emerging Technologies
- Develops the multi-year strategic business plan to drive a focus on technology, automation, productivity, and quality of service.
- Articulates business vision and strategy and mobilizes workforce to collaboratively reach evolving business objectives.
- Develops internal and external strategic relationships to identify opportunities for evolving business and service improvements.
- Contributes to enterprise strategy to influence the direction and methodologies of the organization.
- Develops business cases to gain support, approval, and funding for projects.
Leads and Develops Staff
- Assesses new and emerging technologies to determine the impact on the organization and on individuals.
- Partners with strategic vendor executives to communicate the needs of UPS business and to influence cutting-edge product development.
- Presents new approaches to business stakeholders to explain benefits, risks, and return-on-investment and to influence investment decisions.
- Defines areas of exploration based on industry trends to meet strategic business needs.
- Researches and promotes emerging technologies to educate staff and business management, create awareness, maintain a competitive advantage, and optimize systems performance.
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Succession Planning, Salary Administration, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals and maintain consistent practices across the organization.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
Data Communications - Advanced
XML - Advanced
Web Development Technologies - Advanced
Structured Systems Analysis - Expert
Linux Application Development - Advanced
Biztalk - Advanced
IBM WTX and MQ
Axway Gateway Interchange
EDI ANSI X12
Technical Knowledge of Hardware & Software - Advanced
TeamTrack - Advanced
Microsoft Office - Advanced
The desired Dir, Applications Development (EDI, Healthcare) will possess technical Bachelors’ degree and preferably a Masters’ degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Position will be located in Atlanta, Georgia and will require travel
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Are you a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer?
- 8 or more years’ of technical (I.T.) experience and at least 2 years in leading teams of Application or Systems developers.
- B2B integration and application management experience with messaging technologies.
UPS - 13 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...