ATK Defense is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land based systems. The group is the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. ATK Defense develops advanced capabilities for missile defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls. The group also brings extensive experience and expertise in defense facility management and modernization.
ATK Advanced Weapons is a division of the ATK Defense Group. We are seeking an experienced Director of Business Development. This position will be physically located in Plymouth, MN and will report directly to the Vice President of Business Development.
- The Director, Business Development has the primary responsibility for identifying new pursuits for Advanced Weapons and developing and communicating capture strategies for these pursuits. Working with the Integrated Systems Market Area Leader and his/her staff, this individual will lead the preparation of both strategic and tactical Capture Management Plans.
- The Director, Business Development is responsible for advocating and explaining pursuit importance and return on investment (ROI), leading the development of detailed discretionary budget requests and then working with the Integrated Systems Market Area Leader to assemble capture teams for the pursuit of each effort. This individual will be the leader in developing and ingraining capture strategy and process for these pursuits.
- Will pro-actively create, cultivate and enhance relationships with current and potential customers and key contacts in industry and Government to identify new business opportunities. He/she will work with ASD marketing personnel to identify market direction and trends. He/she will convey customer needs and opportunities to division leadership and recommend an appropriate response to market conditions.
- He/she will provide leadership to a team of Business Development Representatives.
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
- 8-10 years of DoD sector work;
- 8-10 years in Business Development, Marketing, Program Management, or Engineering;
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership of business development and/or marketing professionals.
- Team player.
- Results oriented; winner mentality.
- Demonstrated experience in effective and successful negotiations.
- US citizenship required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 3 years ago - save job