"We will use our role as the area’s leading health insurer to provide affordable access to healthcare and to improve the health and wellness of our members."
Summary of Position:
Creates and leads the Enterprise BPM Center of Excellence. This role focuses on the human, organizational and value stream aspects of BPM and alignment with the organization's strategies. Works across the enterprise to resolve business issues and implement solutions in areas that include organizational effectiveness and process improvement, regulation implementation, performance measurement, and maximizing technology solution adoption. Serves as a change agent, coach, and facilitator.
Essential Accountabilities – Other duties may be assigned:
* Establishes charter and leads BPM efforts across the enterprise. Selects, implements and maintains BPM methodology and related tools. Trains and manages business process engineering staff. Stays abreast of industry and technology advancements in support of continuous improvement business objectives.
* Collaborates with business leaders and teams to drive the identification, definition and prioritization of business process improvement opportunities/initiatives on an ongoing basis. Specifically engages in ensuring effective business process designs for the Topaz platform and Health Care Reform requirements.
* Monitors risks, issues and decisions related to business process design and engages in resolution as appropriate.
* Facilitates the Service Impact Team to address specific process and/or system issues resulting in actual or potential constituent impacts.
* Manages a team of Business Process Engineers accountable for facilitation of process modeling and design and/or re-engineering efforts. Manages team of Business Analysts accountable for documenting business requirements and impact analysis as a result of business process design efforts.
* Works with business leaders to define, develop and implement performance metrics for new or improved process implementations. Develops business value realization reporting and provides ongoing monitoring and analysis of implemented process changes.
* Ensures success of department by hiring, training, developing, coaching, and evaluating staff.
Principal Challenges – List the most typical and/or most complex problems or challenges faced in performing the job:
* Optimizing or implementing, complex business processes. This includes evaluating the function of technology, making design recommendations, and breaking down cross divisional barriers.
* Designing and implementing performance measurement systems for evaluating staff performance and conducting cost benefit analysis across complex business processes.
* Solving complex business process issues and opportunities by facilitating discovery/analysis, framing the problem, developing an action plan, and executing the plan.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
Directly supervises 6 – 10 employees from the Business Analysis and Business Process Engineer job families.
Qualifications – The following qualifications are representative of the basic knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may need to be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
* Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
* Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
Other (please specify)
* Ability to lead, develop, motivate, and direct the work of others.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Advanced level of keyboarding skills.
* Advanced knowledge and skill in the use of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
* Thorough knowledge of relational database reporting and dashboard tools preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of IBM Websphere Business Process Modeler
* Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of change management.
* Extensive knowledge of and ability to conduct cost benefit analysis.
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of the organization’s business processes, systems, and industry requirements.
Education and Years of Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business, industrial engineering or other relevant academic discipline, supplemented by 7-10 years of increasingly responsible experience in Process Management, QA, TQM, project management or business lead of large, complex process engineering assignments, with a minimum of 2-3 years of prior supervisory experience; or any combination of education and experience providing the types and levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the job.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations Required:
Certification in relevant Business Process Management or Continuous Improvement Discipline preferred. Project Management Certification preferred.
Physical Demands – The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
An incumbent in this job occasionally walks, and reaches with hands and arms. The majority of work time is spent sitting; using hands to finger, handle, feel, or key data; and making use of the abilities to speak and hear. Required visual capacities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. May occasionally have to move or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
Work is performed in an environmentally-controlled office setting, with no exposure to adverse conditions. Occasional travel outside the office is required.