Director, Production Management-National Geographic Channel-Washington, DC
Join the National Geographic Channel! Our growing network seeks a talented Director, Production Management to lead a team managing production of up to 800 hours of reality, character driven and/or scripted programming, ensuring production and post-production plans are on budget and on schedule.
Collaborating with Vice President of Production Management to manage production operations at NGC's East and West coast offices, you will create and maintain policies and procedures, identify and negotiate deals, establish and maintain vendor partnerships, create and implement tools that increase efficiency and manage all other production management responsibilities including budgets, schedules, payments, background checks, insurance and compliance issues.
Based in our Washington, DC headquarters, you will work closely with internal departments such as Finance, Legal and Business Affairs, Programming and Operations to ensure production needs are managed effectively.
National Geographic Channel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or Broadcast Journalism or other relevant field.
- 10+ years of original programming experience with a focus on character driven, reality, scripted and/or competition programming produced for well-known cable networks. Experience working at a cable network preferred.
- 300+ hours of experience working in the field on set. Experience must include field experience in the New York and/or Los Angeles, California entertainment markets.
- Knowledge of industry standard rates in equipment, post production, etc. in New York and Los Angeles markets.
- Relationships with production companies and preferred vendors for equipment rental and post production facilities in New York and/or Los Angeles.
- List of crew contacts in major US markets including Line Producers.
- Experience with talent, background checks, compliance and large production teams.
- Experience creating budgets and schedules plus managing multiple series, at any given time, from green-light to delivery. Must be able to assess and strategize production and post-production plans and budgets to produce cost effective series with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of HD production and post-production equipment.
- Leadership experience and the ability to successfully manage a large team.
- Must be an efficient multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills and experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player, highly adaptable and flexible to leadership changes.
- Ability to work after business hours as needed due to the demands of programming and tight deadlines.
20th Century Fox - 18 months ago
A recognized global industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company...