Promote the profitability of Explorer’s book of business by insuring adherence to and compliance with Explorer’s underwriting guidelines. To be directly responsible for overseeing all underwriting, customer service and policy processing functions. Ensure the quality of the book of business by monitoring trends and goals, providing advice to Product Management to aid in the development or modification of pricing, and lead the development of underwriting policies and guidelines. Develop and maintain efficient and effective processes for all policy processing and customer service activities.
• Establish and maintain underwriting policy in support of corporate objectives.
• Develop, institute and maintain productivity and quality standards through audit and other review mechanisms to insure compliance with policies, procedures and objectives.
• Lead the identification of Underwriting and Customer Service improvement opportunities, and lead the development of innovative methods of realizing those opportunities.
• Foster a working environment that embraces improvement through change.
• Communicate effectively within Underwriting, within Explorer, and externally with both producers and policyholders.
• Demonstrate a commitment to service quality exceptional enough to differentiate Explorer from its competitors.
• Participate in the development of new, or enhancement of existing, products and programs.
• Participate in making rate revision recommendations.
• Participate in the development and implementation of the communications plan associated with rate revisions, including communications to project team members, appropriate Explorer staff, producers, and policyholders.
• Insure regulatory compliance through a clear understanding of and research into insurance regulations and laws.
• Select, develop and motivate Underwriting management team, and oversee the recruiting, hiring, training and performance management of all Underwriting personnel.
Manage 4 supervisors, who in turn have supervisory responsibilities for a team. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
• Minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible management of a team of automobile insurance underwriters. California non-standard auto insurance underwriting experience highly preferred.
• Direct experience with the delivery of automobile insurance policy services, such as processing endorsements and responding to billing or policy status inquiries, to consumers and independent insurance agents through a call center.
• A thorough understanding of statutes and regulations governing the quoting, sales, binding, issuance, endorsing, servicing, and cancellation of California automobile insurance policies.
• Familiarity with the non-standard auto insurance marketplace in California, including knowledge of the programs offered by the top ten market share companies.
• Familiarity with the independent agent and broker community in California engaged in the sale of non-standard automobile insurance policies to consumers.
ICW Group is a full-service group of companies, also providing claims, safety services, and loss control services.