Paramount Home Media Distribution is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated self starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for the evolving landscape of ancillary content distribution to contribute to its commitment to content acquisitions.
The Director of Acquisitions will be charged with procuring content for intended distribution across ancillary platforms, both physical (DVD/BD) and digital (EST/VOD/SVOD/TV). S/he will be responsible for developing, strengthening and nurturing relationships with key content owners in the acquisitions space, including but not limited to talent agents, global sales agents, independent producers/production companies and licensed property rights holders. S/he will report to the Vice President of Brand Marketing providing critical support in all areas related to relationship building, deal negotiation, execution and P&L management.
- Identify, curate and evaluate appropriate content for exploitation across all ancillary platforms (DVD/EST/VOD/Premium VOD, SVOD, TV)
- Cultivate and manage relationships with talent agencies, sales agents, independent production companies and licensed property holders with the intention of providing a consistent pipeline of content. Content opportunities can and may include feature length films, TV series and licensed property content/series
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation including deal term finalization and release strategy recommendation
- Utilize industry insights, observations and historical performance data to help guide finance team in the preparation and finalization of financial models on a by-project basis
- Represent PHMD acquisitions objectives and interests across the company (marketing, sales, legal, operations, finance, business intelligence/reporting, theatrical acquisitions) on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis
- Manage and evaluate content performance as it relates to key customer accounts (both physical and digital) through internal metrics with the intent of utilizing that performance for future deal assumptions and strategy development
- Communicate and maintain a thorough understanding of market trends and industry shifts as it relates to new distribution models, platforms and marketing strategies.
- Coordinate and work closely with partners of newly acquired content to ensure contractual obligations and timely deliverables are met
- Create top-notch presentation and pitch materials, as needed, in the delivery of PHMD objectives, strategies and capabilities to potential partners
Paramount Pictures - 23 months ago
When entertainment is paramount, many people turn to Paramount Pictures Corporation. A subsidiary of media firm Viacom, the company...