The incumbent assumes responsibility to direct, plan and supervise activities of case management function involved in following patients throughout continuum of care to ensure optimum utilization of resources, service delivery and compliance with external requirements. This position Also requires the ability to identify age related differences of patient's served and the adjustment of treatment style and expectations as appropriate based on the patient's cognitive function, learning ability, religious and cultural needs and preferences.
- Registered Nurse with current license OR Bachelor's Degree in Health Related field
- At least five years progressive experience in utilization management, discharge planning and/or case management
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, demonstrates good work ethic, and analytical skill Extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrates considerable knowledge of payor requirements and criteria sets.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements, including but not limited to, JCAHO, IDPH and CMS.
Loretto Hospital - 10 months ago