Dir Clinical Quality TCHS (Job Number: 010353) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
The Director of Quality and Patient Safety will plan, organize and direct all staff and activities of the Quality Management, Patient Safety and Performance Improvement Programs to achieve clinical outcomes, goals and strategic operating plans and objectives of the organization. Responsible for designing systems and processes to facilitate high quality clinical outcomes and patient safety programs for the Take Care Health System. The Director of Quality ensures that sound, continuous quality improvement principles are incorporated into all clinical operations and patient care delivery. This position is accountable for improving patient outcomes and healthcare delivery through the establishment of an integrated and collaborative organizational approach to performance improvement; reducing the incidence of potentially compensable events through the establishment of a comprehensive patient safety program; and providing for the most efficient use of clinical resources in the pursuit of quality patient care.
This position works collaboratively with all content experts, Market Educators and other leadership team members to develop and ensure timely delivery, and evaluation of clinical outcomes. The Director of Quality facilitates alignment of the Quality and Patient safety strategic plan and timelines with company goals, targets and performance expectations and continuously evaluates and evolves the plan based on changing business needs and the healthcare landscape.
- Architect and Implement comprehensive quality management program.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and manages the Performance Improvement program, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements to meet organizational needs.
- Administers management support programs which fulfill the organization’s requirements for strategic planning and data management. Directs the collection of organization data to support the development of performance indicators under the corporation strategic plan.
- Provides leadership for the Policy and Procedure and Clinical Guideline development process, which includes the research and use of evidence based medicine, ensuring that clinical policies and procedures are approved by the Quality committee and executive leadership team as appropriate, and ensuring the implementation and execution of the policies through ongoing audit.
- Ensures updates to existing operating procedures, identifies the need for new procedures and facilitates dissemination through discussion and education to Clinic Operations leadership; works collaboratively with the Employer Solutions Group to ensure consistency in policies across organizations.
- Act as an internal consultant on clinical and quality improvement for team members and project teams.
- Recommends and continuously reviews clinical quality benchmarks while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and clinical relevance in reporting.
- Creates innovative approaches to clinical quality improvement and prioritizes opportunities for quality improvement projects.
- Accountable for Patient Complaint Management process and resolution. Additionally, oversight of data analysis, reporting, and timely process improvement.
- Provides leadership, expertise, strategic direction, and organization of efforts in the promotion and advancement of high quality patient care and patient safety.
- Provides leadership and assistance to CSG’s executive leadership team, presents quality and patient safety concerns if necessary and lead development and execution of programs to address critical issues.
- Liaison to the Walgreens Patient Safety Organization.
- Plans, directs and supervises the collection, analyzing and tracking of quality indicators recommending operational changes as appropriate to ensure ongoing compliance with established state, federal and licensing regulations and standards.
- Administers accreditation and compliance programs. Serves as primary organization liaison to the accrediting organization(s) for scheduling accreditation surveys. Prepares applications for accreditation surveys, and updates applications as organizational circumstances change. Monitors status of answerable findings and regularly briefs leadership. Maintains strong current knowledge of inspection process for accreditation agencies.
- Partners with the Senior Leadership team, the Manager of Clinical Education and Walgreens Legal team and Privacy office to ensure regulatory compliance and development of regulatory processes.
- Develops, plans, organizes, directs and manages the Risk Management program.
- Responsible for developing systems, which support the prevention of potentially compensable events among patients and visitors, and team members.
- Coordinates the dissemination of performance improvement information within the organization ensuring statistical analysis and comparative processes are included.
- Directs the performance improvement training and education for clinic staff and organizational leaders.
- Responsible for providing data relating to clinical outcomes by managing the clinical event database.
- Provides clinical leadership with detailed reports as well as aggregated data related to patient outcomes and action plans.
- Develops and implements educational programs for all leadership and team members in continuous quality improvement principles and corporate compliance requirements.
- Mentors quality and performance improvement colleagues in the utilization of appropriate methods to accelerate change and maintain results across the system.
- Advises executive leadership in the identification of system processes that could be improved to maximize patient safety, optimize positive patient outcomes and minimize financial loss to the corporation.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing and at least 5 years of experience in Quality and Ambulatory Operations.
- Required certification in CPHQ and/or CPHRM as granted by the appropriate certifying body.
- At least 5 years of experience with healthcare regulatory and accreditation requirements (federal, state, OSHA, CLIA, HIPAA, NCQA, AAAHC, TJC).
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience in gathering, analyzing, and making recommendations based on complex and diverse data.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Knowledge of techniques to include: root cause analysis, cause and effect analysis, failure mode and effects analysis, and development of action plans.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience in Risk Management within a healthcare setting.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 35% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Master’s Degree / MBA
- Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Certification or experience with other re-engineering techniques
- Knowledge of statistics, data collection and survey design
- Database management and/or development.
Walgreens - 22 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...